Trusted Contributor

Re: Huggable Hangars-Yea or Nay?

I think I have a million of them, so that would be a yes. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Frequent Contributor

I like the huggable hangers - just purchased a set of them. They take up less room and your clothes do not slip off of them.

Contributor

I've been using both the HH and the knockoffs from TJ Maxx for the last 5 years. Only 1 of them has broken. I made a new year's resolution one year to whip my walk in closet into shape and this really was all it took. My clothes hang evenly and beautifully. I purposefully have not purchased additional hangars since that time. If a new item of clothing comes in to the closet, my rule is something must go out. If I haven't worn a piece in a year, that item is considered for removal. Helps me keep everything orderly and neat.
Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of Huggable Hangers, have had them for many years, and love them. My closets look super-organized and they really do save a lot of room.

However, they are most definitely not unbreakable. I've had several break, for no reason. They just snapped. And I've also had the hooks get loose and fall out.

Overall, most of them have been fine. I also bought a few of the BB&B dupes, which seem a bit more flimsy but not drastically so. And so far none of those have broken at all.

So I remain a fan and definitely would suggest giving them a try. But they are absolutely not unbreakable, and some of the dupe versions are probably pretty close to just as good (and much less expensive).

Kiss

Honored Contributor

Big yeah! They do live up to the sales pitch, they are quite sturdy and they almost never break. I don't watch HSN much I was thinking about HH's yesterday. I need to order some new ones to go with the new colors in my bedroom. I bought several sets years and years ago and I still have them.

Respected Contributor

NAY- Never again. I bought of her TS last year, with 24 hangers, 12 of which broke within the first week- Maybe she produced quality products at some time, but not anymore!

The same "generic" hangers from TJMaxx were wayyyy better.

Honored Contributor

Thanks. Will definitely give them a try....Thanks for all of the responses!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Definite Yay and don't fall for the imposters. They aren't the same.

I am kicking myself for not ordering the TS.

Frequent Contributor

I've bought some of the Huggables and some of the Costco variety and could find no real difference except for price and availability of colors. I can live without the variety of colors, so I usually buy the Costco ones.

In answer to your original question, though, this design/style of hanger really does do an excellent job at maximizing the amount of clothes you can comfortably fit into your closet, clothes rarely slip off of them, and although I've frequently line-dried clothing items on them, I've never had a problem with either group of hangers not being dye fast.

Definitely give them a try.

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I have these and clothing does not slip off . As for the saving space in the closet , as they advertise, I don't believe they do since the hangers are about the same thickness as a regular plastic or metal hanger.

I have purchased them from Costco also , as their return policy is great if you are not satisfied.

Joanne