Contributor

Re: Huggable Hangars-Yea or Nay?

I got my first set from my Mom for Christmas a few years ago. I sort of made fun of the gift at the time and compared it to getting socks or underwear...LOL!! After using them I asked for them for every holiday until I had all my closets changed from the old miscellaneous hangers I used to have. I also give them as graduation gifts because of limited closet space in dorms & apartments. I promise you they are the BEST hangers ever!! They do not leave shoulder dents, you can put twice as much in your closet, slinky clothes do not fall off, wet clothes can be hung to dry with no problems. I could go on & on!!! If Joy Mangano ever needs a break I promise you I can talk for hours about them. Have I convinced you yet???

Honored Contributor

Best hangers EVER!

But they are on sale often so make sure you get a good deal.

Respected Contributor

Wal Mart 5 for $2.97 much sturdier and better. You don't get all the colors but so much better quality.

I had so many of the Huggables break it is ridiculous.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

I have plenty of the original huggable hangers and continue to purchase them to change out everyone else hangers in their closets. I have purchased the cheaper version from places like Walmart. TJMaxx. ROSS but they are NOT the same and I've had nearly all of the cheaper hangers break or the metal hanging hook has completely seperated from the hanger. To be fair I have broken a HH, it happened when I dropped it on a tile floor, it must have hit the floor at just the right angle to cause it to break because I've dropped plenty of them on the same tile floor but only one of them have ever broken. HTH

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

On 9/10/2014 golfcartrider said:

Wal Mart 5 for $2.97 much sturdier and better. You don't get all the colors but so much better quality.

I had so many of the Huggables break it is ridiculous.

I've never had a HH break. But I got mine many years ago and they may not be made the same way now. I've bought dupes from a few places & many of them broke.

Respected Contributor

I heard the knockoffs aren't always colorfast. My Huggable Hangers are black and I've hung gauzy white summer tops soaking wet on them and there's no transfer of color.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

Love mine.

Contributor

I have both the Huggable Hangers as well as some knock-offs. I like both and use them for all of my LOGO tops as well as anything else I feel may slip or slide off a regular hanger. I have found that they both work well. I like the colors of the HH much better than the knock-offs but I have had a few of the HH break and snap which came as a surprise. I still like them and are worth a few breaking.

Valued Contributor

If you're wondering about reliability, when I ordered mine the 1st time from HSN, there were only 2 colors available - black and gray. And that's been years ago. Not one has broken.

Honored Contributor

We've had them for 9 1/2 years. Only hangers we have in our house. Love them. We have the linen color.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?