Respected Contributor

Re: Huge eyeglass frames?

[ Edited ]

@colliegirls wrote:

Even though I usually wear contacts, my glasses and sunglasses are big!  I hated those tiny granny glasses from the past. I think big glasses look more fun and youthful.

LOL, peering over an oversized pair of reading glasses?  They do look as ridiculous as those tiny reading glasses.  Guess what, there is something in between. 

Respected Contributor

@VancouverUSAgal   I agree with you - I am njot a fan but some people look good in them.

Honored Contributor

I've never seen the wearer's appearance enhanced with over size glases, rather, the glasses magnify all of the wrinkles around the eyes.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't wear huge frames because of the size and shape of my face - I look best in rectangular shape.

But I do like heavy / bold plastic frames in dark colors.  Works with my "look."

See the source image

Honored Contributor

I kinda like big frames..especially sunglasses.  They protect the eyes and skin around the eyes from sun damage.

If you wear bi or tri focal glasses, you are not able to get those extra items in a smaller frame.  Who the heck cares about lines and wrinkles below the eyes if you can't see without your glasses and you can't  get your prescription lenses in a smaller frame?

Honored Contributor

This is what I wear.....The BIGGER the better!!!!Ray Ban RX1971V SQUARE Eyeglasses

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thinking of the host who had a pair of huge, red frames (I think readers) on. Wow - what I saw was certainly an attention getter! LOL! I don't think I've ever seen any as large as they were. I'll pass even though I like large frames - these weren't large, they were HUGE!

Trusted Contributor

My prescription sunglasses are big because I want them to block out as much sunlight as possible. My regular glasses are much smaller. 

Esteemed Contributor

The large frames are to big for my small face . I had a pair of large framed glasses in 1980 and when I look at those pictures of myself , I laugh .

Valued Contributor

Glass frames come in sizes.  My mom wore large area framed glasses and it is very dated look and she died over 22 yrs ago.

Glass frames should fit the size of the face proportionally for the best look.