Honored Contributor

Re: How to ruin a good concert

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don't mind Oprah at all and for a few reasons. She pulled herself up from the gutter and worked hard to achieve what she has. I admire people who work and don't sit around collecting. I also don't mind all the hated ones in Hollywood. Again, they work for a living and provide thousands of jobs for others to work. 

There are people I don't like but it's mostly for their hate filled ideas or nasty personalities. Oh well, everyone is free to hate who they want.

Brava @proudlyfromNJ ! Well said! 👏👏👏👏👏

So you're ok with hate, too?

"What goes around, comes around."

The only hate being spewed on this topic are some of the poorly veiled jabs at Oprah @ThinkingOutLoud

Esteemed Contributor

@sann wrote:

When a host mentions the item their selling is on Oprah's list of favorites...... I won't buy it.......

@sann 

Can't say I won' t buy it, but those statements are certainly a turn off! Who do they think they are trying to impress?

Customers are perfectly capable of making their own decisions about a purchase without Oprah's help! I find that an insult to our intelligence. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

Actually, I did like the fashions worn by Adele.  Loved the jacket and she is certainly tall enough to carry off many looks.   I thought the Saturn earrings were a cool choice for the location of the concert.  

I actually had to look up the current meaning of "hate" and "hater" because I see it soooo much.   I think that the term doesn't deserve such a "common" use and I choose to limit my definition to mean more than what I call "dislike".   I don't "hate" a person or opinion just because I disagree.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Frankly I don't get the Oprah dislike. It's a great show and I'm enjoying all of it. 😊

I wanted to see Adele sing and that's what I got!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hello, all!  Not watching but would love to hear hear sing. Based on my own feelings, I have no use for Oprah or those she chooses to advance professionally.  I'm open to those she promotes without her promotion.  No one need to agree or disagree with me as I don't care on how this matter affects me or my family..  thank you for being open to my post.

I have never had any use for Oprah, What an egotistical piece of ___.  I like your advice.

Respected Contributor

Just a note: Adele was the Executive Producer of the whole show. Such a great entertaining show.
Trusted Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

I don't mind Oprah at all and for a few reasons. She pulled herself up from the gutter and worked hard to achieve what she has. I admire people who work and don't sit around collecting. I also don't mind all the hated ones in Hollywood. Again, they work for a living and provide thousands of jobs for others to work. 

There are people I don't like but it's mostly for their hate filled ideas or nasty personalities. Oh well, everyone is free to hate who they want.

Brava @proudlyfromNJ ! Well said! 👏👏👏👏👏

So you're ok with hate, too?

"What goes around, comes around."

The only hate being spewed on this topic are some of the poorly veiled jabs at Oprah @ThinkingOutLoud

Yes, and completely out of line with any behavior or actions Oprah has ever taken to offend. She pays her taxes. Has never posed nude, hasn't had multiple baby daddies, isn't an alcohol or drug abuser. Same with Meghan Markle.

I don't get it.

Valued Contributor

Not a fan of either .

Respected Contributor

Yeah, well, I wanted to see The Equalizer. If I wanted to hear Adele sing, I would have bought a CD. Just my honest opinion…
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree    I agree; why is she part of this show? 

Because it was her show and she added a concert.