Honored Contributor

Re: How to keep new white sneakers looking nice and white?

You can usually find sneaker cleaner spray wherever shoe polish is sold. That's what I use and it works well.

I don't wear white sneakers, but it works on any color.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@SilleeMee.  Do you have snow predicted for the week-end?  We have a chance but I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Yes, but they have downgraded the storm and it was suppose to snow more, like 4 to 5 inches. But now they say it's only going to be a dusting. Darn it! @Kachina624

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Are they leather or mesh fabric?

@151949  The toe is fabric, there is an leather upper on the sides of the shoe. Here is a picture

F3C56046-ED6C-4BAC-B3ED-1C99243AF4D3.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Oh @SeaMaiden, those are so cute!!Heart

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Is there some secret to keep white sneakers nice and white?

Mine always seem to get black marks...dirt etc over time and they do not stay looking sharp.

Would  spraying some sort of rain repellent on them help to deter the dirt and smudges? 

I just received a new a new pair of white sneakers from Zappos today for Spring and hope I can keep them looking like new.  Thanks for any suggestions!

@SeaMaiden 

Put them in the washer with plenty of bleach.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I would definitely use a water repellant/stain spray.  If they are really dirty right now toss them in the washing machine but do NOT dry.Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I wouldn't wear them out in this yucky weather!  They are very cute!

I have those magic sponge type things and use them on my white sneakers.  I often wash mine in the washer and I use a pre-treating spray on spots and then when I put them in the wash, I just use regular laundry soap with some bleach.  I'd check the tag on the shoes to make sure the bleach won't yellow them.  I always just air dry them.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I've always thrown white sneakers in the wash.  Let them air dry.  Never had a problem.  Leather or canvas.

Honored Contributor

Thanks to everyone who offered suggestions! 

I think I will just scotch guard them first and see if that helps repeal dirt etc.  I will not be wearing them until spring with my white capris and white pants.  They also have this show in black.  Very comfortable so I may order the black as well. 

I love white, but  gosh darn if it is not hard not to spill, stain and get it dirty whether it be shoes, shirts or pants!

Regular Contributor

Scotch Guard and washing them when they get dirty.  I love white sneakers in warm weather and I keep a pair just for when I want too look good.  My "going out" white sneeks.  I baby them, spot clean them when they need it.