Honored Contributor

How to keep an open front duster from slipping off?

I'm reviewing what I bought for spring, what I am wearing and what turned out to be a reject.  The open front dusters are not being worn because they keep slipping off.  The only thing I can think to do is use double stick tape.  Any other ideas?   

Honored Contributor

Re: How to keep an open front duster from slipping off?

@depglass

Google “sweater chain clip” ... just one suggestion.
Honored Contributor

Dont wear anything slick under them.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I bought a cape/sweater clasp from AMZ that Iuse. Some just clamp on each side , you can sew them on, or you poke them into the fabric on each side--has a chain or whatever between each clamp to keep the garment closed. 

Respected Contributor

@depglass 

It is a tricky cut or fabric?  I wear a lot of open front dusters, shawls, capes, wraps, and cardigans and I am not familiar with this problem.

Could you provide more details?

Respected Contributor

If they have collars or pleats, you can hide small magnets (one on the outside and one under your tee/tank/whatever). Keep in mind that the magnets would need to be strong enough for the thickness of the material.

Honored Contributor

On Etsy there are many 'sweater clips' ...lots of decorative, sparkly or plain ones.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

From Amazon (this has been featured on HSN as a product developed by a private lady).

Maggies Scarf Magnets

MAGGIES Revolutionary Patented Magnetic Clothing Fasteners with Gold & Silver Button Covers, Easily Secure Fabric and Clothing, Reusable No-Sew Fashion Alternative to Pins and Clips (2 Pack)

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@depglass 

From Amazon (this has been featured on HSN as a product developed by a private lady).

Maggies Scarf Magnets

MAGGIES Revolutionary Patented Magnetic Clothing Fasteners with Gold & Silver Button Covers, Easily Secure Fabric and Clothing, Reusable No-Sew Fashion Alternative to Pins and Clips (2 Pack)

I have these and the magnets are really strong!

Respected Contributor

@Abrowneyegirl wrote:

@depglass 

It is a tricky cut or fabric?  I wear a lot of open front dusters, shawls, capes, wraps, and cardigans and I am not familiar with this problem.

Could you provide more details?

———————

I wonder if it has to do with your body type. I am really small busted and I can’t imagine anything falling off of me LOL. When I see larger busted models wearing these, the look is totally different and they have to keep pulling them over.