Trusted Contributor

Re: How to get wrinkles out of my new Linea sweater...

@2blonde wrote:

Nearly every clothing item I receive (inclucing leather jackets) arrives with wrinkles.  Without fail, I simply take the item and toss it in the drier for about 5 minutes, and it comes out perfectly soft and smooth.  With some fabrics, I will spray them down with water first, but I'm not kidding, I do this with everything, and have never had a problem.  Of course, you don't want to walk away and forget it........you want to pull it out of the machine promptly. 

I even get Susan Graver items wrinkled (liquid knit etc).  They are in a clear plastic bag, and then in the bag they ship in.  Packed that way its bound to happen in shipping.

Jamma.

Esteemed Contributor

I would use the upright steam on my Rowenta iron or the JM steamer.  If that doesn't work then I would hang it in the bathroom and let the steam from the shower help ease out the wrinkles.  If either of these do not work then I would call CS and lodge a complaint, request a refund which inclkudes S&H.  There is no good reason that a "new" garment should have "set in" wrinkles.  This stuff makes me crazy. How many times do they state that these items are in pristine condition for the customers?   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I would steam it.

Trusted Contributor

If you have a REFRESH setting on your dryer, that will work.

Others have suggested steaming as well.

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I would use the upright steam on my Rowenta iron or the JM steamer.  If that doesn't work then I would hang it in the bathroom and let the steam from the shower help ease out the wrinkles.  If either of these do not work then I would call CS and lodge a complaint, request a refund which inclkudes S&H.  There is no good reason that a "new" garment should have "set in" wrinkles.  This stuff makes me crazy. How many times do they state that these items are in pristine condition for the customers?   

@Fressa

Worse than that; how many timesdo they insist the fabric 'doesn't wrinkle' ! ? lol

My vote is for the JM Steamer. Just used it on a little charmuese top with fold marks during transport. Took em right out!

Honored Contributor

I would put it into the dryer on the lowest setting with a couple of towels for a few minutes.

I have two old well washed navy blue towels that I use for that and in the washer when I am washing one item that is going to knock the spin cycle out of whack.  

Valued Contributor

Joy Mangano Little Steamer from HSN. It is great and not that expensive!

Esteemed Contributor

Y'all are more patient and more resourceful than I (not that I haven't heard or done some of the suggestions).  Look at that picture!  No way is that acceptable!  Why should @Nataliesgramma have to work to wear a brand new sweater??  I'd call CS and rant for a minute or two...chances are that would sufficiently cool my Italian down enough to steam or refresh the sweater.  But still...I'm just shocked at the appearance of that sweater...how in the world could that have gotten by the QC people!?  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I swear by Downey Wrinkle Releaser.  A few sprits and wrinkles disappear without any water marks.  So much easier than putting in a dryer or steaming.