Frequent Contributor

How to clean Basso reversible coat

So I just received the reversible Basso coat, and I am very happy with it -- except in the on-air presentation they said it is machine washable, and the tag in the coat says dry clean.  Any experience with this dilemma?  Or with caring for this coat? Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: How to clean Basso reversible coat

@janesilver wrote:

So I just received the reversible Basso coat, and I am very happy with it -- except in the on-air presentation they said it is machine washable, and the tag in the coat says dry clean.  Any experience with this dilemma?  Or with caring for this coat? Thank you!

I had a denim/fake fur coat and I washed it in the machine

what is the other side made of ?

Respected Contributor

I hate to say it .. but if you want it to look good after cleaning .. I would

dry clean ... the price ... I know .....

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear  The other side is called diamond quilted.   It is basically the polyester material that most of my old jackets are made of, semi water-resistant, definitely washable.

Super Contributor

GURL...  Maybe try washing on gentle with a mild soap, then hang to dry.  That usually works for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have this coat in the black/black, and I will never throw it in the washing machine! I also ordered the Cuddl Duds fleece/sherpa coat, and would probably think about washing that one, but I'll never do that with a DB faux fur! If it somehow gets soiled, it'll go to the dry cleaners.