Honored Contributor

Re: How to Wear Kimono - Learned something NEW

@pinkmochi wrote:

I ordered this Marla Wynne kimono robe in this cream. The print is beautiful! The material is so soft - silk charmeuse made of poly. I wear it as a duster, though, because the print is too pretty to just wear around my house. Woman Happy

618-015

It's on clearance now and also comes in a navy print:

wynnelounge-printed-kimono-robe.jpg

@pinkmochi 

i just received this a few days ago.

it really does feel like silk! it is a gorgeous piece for $40.99!

i may have to go back and get the navy also.

it is part of her lounge line, but this can easily be worn as a dressy piece.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

I ordered this Marla Wynne kimono robe in this cream. The print is beautiful! The material is so soft - silk charmeuse made of poly. I wear it as a duster, though, because the print is too pretty to just wear around my house. Woman Happy

618-015

It's on clearance now and also comes in a navy print:

wynnelounge-printed-kimono-robe.jpg

@pinkmochi 

i just received this a few days ago.

it really does feel like silk! it is a gorgeous piece for $40.99!

i may have to go back and get the navy also.

it is part of her lounge line, but this can easily be worn as a dressy piece.

@sunshine45  So glad that you like it, and it's such a great price! I agree that it can be dressed up or worn with jeans, even though it's part of her lounge line. The print really elevates it! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Ladies, I am poking around over at Zulilly right now, they have a shop of just Kimonos all priced at 16.99 each. From what I see there are some really sharp looking ones. Have some fun, check them out!!

I have 2 Harve Bernard calf length from Evine and a tunic length I purchased at Zulilly, all 3 purchased early last summer so I really dont need anymore but if I did...   Smiley Wink

eta~ the shop is called  'Kimono With The Flow'

Respected Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

Thank you,  The first video was most helpful.  I purchased the G.I.L.I. kimono Leah wore the day the G.I.L.I. pants were a TSV.  It just sort of hung; now I cannot wait to play with it.

Trusted Contributor

@SeaGal wrote:

Hi Ladies, I am poking around over at Zulilly right now, they have a shop of just Kimonos all priced at 16.99 each. From what I see there are some really sharp looking ones. Have some fun, check them out!!

I have 2 Harve Bernard calf length from Evine and a tunic length I purchased at Zulilly, all 3 purchased early last summer so I really dont need anymore but if I did...   Smiley Wink

eta~ the shop is called  'Kimono With The Flow'

THanks...I'm going over to Zuilly right now!!! Updates pending.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the videos. Good info.

Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

What a fun idea and videos. I have various open duster jackets and have sewn my own cotton print kimono sleeve jacket years ago. I have bought kimono style jackets at H&M and Walmart Canada. I like to bring a kimono style shorter or mid length jacket when I visit Las Vegas as the air conditioning inside can be cold. I've even turned kimono bathrobes into streetwear open style jacket by taking off the belt loops and belt. I wear my kimono jackets with jeans.

My mom is Japanese so I've always been comfortable with the idea of wearing a kimono style jacket. My grandmother always wore one, she didn't wear western clothes at all.

Trusted Contributor

@TY wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB 

What a fun idea and videos. I have various open duster jackets and have sewn my own cotton print kimono sleeve jacket years ago. I have bought kimono style jackets at H&M and Walmart Canada. I like to bring a kimono style shorter or mid length jacket when I visit Las Vegas as the air conditioning inside can be cold. I've even turned kimono bathrobes into streetwear open style jacket by taking off the belt loops and belt. I wear my kimono jackets with jeans.

My mom is Japanese so I've always been comfortable with the idea of wearing a kimono style jacket. My grandmother always wore one, she didn't wear western clothes at all.

My TY1

You could teach us a lot about kimono's with your experience.

I have not worn my GILI kimono YET but I'm wear it SOON!!!

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Honored Contributor

I just ordered my third duster and wonder what is wrong with my head.  So far I've just worn them as robes around the house.

Valued Contributor

I love kimonos/wraps. Have a bunch that are mostly for winter. This summer I bought two from Amazon. If any of you watch Hot & Flashy from Youtube, she modeled a kimono in her lookbook for summer 2019 (Moss Rose-I think it is out of stock right now) that I just adored. I ordered it, and it is so pretty. It's pink, white and black. It's from Amazon and I paid about $22 for it. Since I mostly wear dressy things at church, I will wear it there. The other Kimona from Amazon was MYIFU in red.