Esteemed Contributor

How old is the oldest piece of clothing in your wardrobe?

One of my favorite summer skirts is an A-line 100% cotton floral print that I bought at Gap in 1991!  I just pulled it out of the dryer and it looks brand new.  I remember finding it on a clearance rack in late fall/early winter and giving the sales associate a five dollar bill and getting change back.  Wow, I sure got my money's worth!  That skirt is older than my marriage and kids.  😂

Do you have an oldies but goodies still going strong? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: How old is the oldest piece of clothing in your wardrobe?

I am not sure but likely the oldest piece of clothing that I wear is an outerwear coat as I have some faux furs that I bought years ago in the early 2000s or so.

Honored Contributor

The oldest items in my wardrobe are two ankle length skirts.  They are probably 7 or 8 years old and that is "old" for me because I refresh my wardrobe frequently.  The skirts are a crepe-like material, one black and one navy blue.  My weight toggles from 16-18-20 and that skirt fits and looks good wherever I am on that scale.  At 16 it's full and comes to the bottom of my ankle.  At 20 it fits closer to body and is an inch or two above my anke.  I wear those skirts in the winter with tall boots and in the summer with sandals.  Other than those skirts, I have a couple of coats are around 10 years old but i don't wear them every single winter.  I give them a rest for a year or two and when I go back to them it's like having a new coat.

Trusted Contributor

Two pair of Levi's  577's!  Can't part with them!   Levi's doesn't make them any longer!  They are at least 15 yrs. old!!Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I have a beautiful scarf that I think is 20 years old....I haven't worn it in awhile....but I can't bring myself to donate it...

Honored Contributor

The years seem to fly by now so I realized I have a sweater set I purchased when I went to NYC for Thanksgiving -- 10 years ago!   I live in the South so I probably only wear it a few times a season.    I do a gentle purge about every six months but don't have the heart to get rid of it.    It's a knit turtleneck in teal with a pullover knit hoodie with a kangaroo pocket in dark brown tweed.   I love it plus it brings back great memories.   It's nothing special, I think I bought it at Goody's.  

@wildcat fan wrote:

One of my favorite summer skirts is an A-line 100% cotton floral print that I bought at Gap in 1991!  I just pulled it out of the dryer and it looks brand new.  I remember finding it on a clearance rack in late fall/early winter and giving the sales associate a five dollar bill and getting change back.  Wow, I sure got my money's worth!  That skirt is older than my marriage and kids.  😂

Do you have an oldies but goodies still going strong? 

Valued Contributor

I have a very nice dress suit my Mother wore in the 1950's.....LOVE it

Respected Contributor

I have a sheer floral jacket that I can tie up in the front or wear long which is over 30 years old - it was bought from a discount retail and it has lasted all those years.  Everytime I wear it I still get compliments.  It has black undertone so I can wear it with anything. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a Norwegian sweater from the late 1960's.  It is knit in shades of gray and ivory.  It is beautiful and I still wear it. 

Trusted Contributor

Probably a Christian Dior houndstooth wool scarf that I bought in high school in 1980. I still wear it in the winter sometimes.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004