Honored Contributor

How much would you expect to pay for a real suede jacket?

A denim styled (not blazer) suede jacket from a good company?  I never really purchased an item like this unless it was washable and from Q.  This one isn't washable and not from Q!  Yes, I would wear it forever!  It's perfect for me!

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: How much would you expect to pay for a real suede jacket?

@ECBG

$200 and beyond.  They can go easily to $400+.

Is this from that brand you asked about earlier?

Honored Contributor

I have purschased the washable D&Co suede blazers in the past in the $125 range. And you right OP I have worn them for years and they still look brand new.
Esteemed Contributor

Are you considering purchasing it but 'fishing' for info about the cost?  LOL   I agree with previous poster - personally I won't buy a washable suede - and I'd expect to pay in the $200 range and up depending on the length.   I would want quality - rich colors and well made.

Happy shopping!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

Just for fun, this is on sale at Nordies for $100, in three colors.

Zip Front Suede Jacket

Esteemed Contributor

If you love it and you can afford it, then the price is right!

Sometimes things are just worth it!

Respected Contributor

Real leather is worth the price. That being said, my resources would limit me to a price under $500 at the most. I have a closet full right now, so it would have to be something very special and different, color or style wise. 

Honored Contributor

Reba McIntyre has a line of "western" clothing at Dillards and her suedes and leathers are incredible (and I happen to love the styling as well).  Her prices can be $400-$450 BUT the style and details are really special (IMHO) and the leathers are top quality and I would buy one in a heartbeat  if money were no object.  She also has a suede cape that is gorgeous (around $350).....

I'm not totally into the western look, but I'll gladly dabble .... just like I'm not totally into the Moto look but I have my black Moto jacket and HD boots!  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

My real suede jacket was originally priced at $199, I think. I rarely pay full price for anything & I paid a lot less for it. It is dry clean only. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG

Sometimes, we just have to take the hit price wise for something we really love IMO unless you can find a cheaper similar option you love just as much.

In my experience, when I've gone the cheaper route with an item that was similar but not quite right, I would eventually regret the purchase or end up getting the original item anyway.

I paid $200 for a beautiful brown suede jacket when I was in HS that I saved up for it and it was the best thing ever to me!!! I will never forget it. My mom still has it and uses it now. 

~Live with Intention~