Trusted Contributor

Re: How much fashion did you buy from the Q in 2018?

Great question! I’ve bought more from the Q over the past 6 months than I have over the past 6 years. Probably less to do with QVC than my own choice to up my style game after turning 50 Smiley Happy
I do most of my shopping online, and even if I don’t buy from QVC —I can almost always find what i want cheaper elsewhere with free shipping—I enjoy watching a live presentation and reading the Q reviews. I have bought quite a bit of H by Halston, Logo, Miz Mooz, and Peace Love World almost always as a Lunchtime Special. In fact, that’s kind of my morning routine, have my coffee and check the Lunchtime Specials. It’s like a fishing trip, sometimes I “catch” something, most times I don’t, but it’s still fun.
"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Respected Contributor

I have not gotten many clothing items from the Q ever.  The ones I did purchase were either too big, too small or just not right for me.  I was pretty disappointed.  I prefer to buy locally where I can try things on and not worry about shipping costs.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

There was a time when I made a Q fashion purchase every other week.  However, I haven't bought any Q fashion items this year.

Honored Contributor

Gosh, nothing. I have purchased shoes but the clothing is not my style. 

Honored Contributor

97B60E46-B8D2-40E6-AE98-3C6827294476.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

So the rest my online beauty order from Hudson's Bay that I made on December 1st finally arrived from the Calgary Saks 5th Ave store  today. (Saks is part of the HBC coporate empire). It only took just over 2 weeks to go from Calgary to Vancouver due to the Saks store not sending out the parcel right away (does it really take 2 different people to pick and pack an order of 2 The Ordinary small 1 oz bottles?) They put them in a box with no packing materials and so I consider myself lucky that the glass bottles in their original The Ordinary boxes didn't break in transit since they would be rolling around the Hudson's Bay cardboard box. At least Canada Post is working overtime including the weekends to deliver their backlog of parcels. I can give thanks for that!

Honored Contributor

Eye-opening how much clothing I've purchased from the Q this year compared to every other year. ( it's usually housewares and Beauty from the Q)

The single Gili piece I purchased was cheaper to keep than to send back; it's still hanging in my closet unworn. A Laurie Felt sweater that I returned but I kept two of her woven blouses. I recently returned some Spanx leggings for an extremely bizarre fit!

2 LDO woven blouses, an SG twofer, 1 Kathleen Kirkwood tee, Breezies bras and some long line panties, two Logo pieces, a Cuddl Duds cardi / jacket and an Isaac cardi and some 24/7 fly front bootcut trousers.

It's a good thing I checked my history because I discovered the 24/7s have been marked down once again to under $18!

Everything was a sale, clearance, or one day only

Valued Contributor

99% of everything in my closet, including footwear, is from one of the 3 main shopping channels, with the majority being from QVC. (The other 1% is Roberto Cavalli. Go figure! 😉) The key for me is knowing exactly what size I am from each designer/vender and, more importantly, what I can and can’t wear. (I love Martha Stewart’s skinny jeans with a great 4” heel!) Rarely do I send anything back. (I will be needing a MOB dress/gown for my daughter’s upcoming June wedding, and as exciting a time as this is, I am absolutely dreading the distorted mirrors and horrific lighting in those shoeboxes known as fitting rooms.😬)  I love online shopping for clothes!

Respected Contributor

@Ifeelwicked   I understand the feeling of dread having been through it as the mother of the bride in 2011.  I searched styles and colors online first to find designers that suited me.  Took me about a month to finalize my choice.  

I have my clothing size pretty much nailed.  I got a Tahari jacket dress from Nordstrom's that I paid full price for in a color that the bride, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law/bridesmaid agreed with.

The ironic part was that I already had the identical outfit in a different color that I had paid 2/3 less for about six months earlier!

Still get lots of use out of both of these outfits on the rare dressy occasions that I attend.

Have fun with your search, from shoes, to jewelry, to purse.  It is wonderful to see a daughter marry.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought plenty of clothing, but also returned more than I wanted to. The prices are high for imported polyester.