Valued Contributor

Re: How much fashion did you buy from the Q in 2018?

ZERO. NONE of QVC's clothing line is appealing or fashionable - especially Graver, LOGO, Louis D, and Denim and Frumpany.

Trusted Contributor

I've bought alot of clothes from QVC, but I'm shopping smarter now. I'd buy things that looked good on tv, but had too many items that just sat in my closet.  Or I'd order something right away, without really thinking about how much I'd wear it, for FOMO ("when they're gone, they're gone")! I've always gravitated toward classic styles in neutral colors, & that's what I stick to now. And I've gotten some really good deals on clearance items. 

Honored Contributor

It looks like I purchased about two items each month. They were in all categories....jeans, sweaters, a jacket, a few pairs of shoes, a pair of pajamas, some activewear, and one handbag.  

Honored Contributor

Zero.

Honored Contributor

i would say quite a bit.....

my guess is at least 52 fashion and accessories, possibly more.

i am sure that my average is at least one item per week.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

QVC, HSN, and Evine don't ship to Canada so my total purchases from U.S. shopping channels this year is 0. Those channels all have or have had vendors that sell in Canada on TSC aka The Shopping Channel and I have bought and returned two clothing items this year back in March. I bought and returned a Nygard top as the fit was off and too small. I suspect that it was mis-sized or mis-labeled. I also bought and returned a Nuage waterproof jacket that had a poor quality 2 way zipper and it was poor fitting. I could not sit down in the jacket without upzipping the jacket from the bottom. That is not what a 2 way zipper is for, it's to make it more comfortable to sit down, not impossible to sit down if you don't unzip the bottom.

So for the first time since I first went internet shopping back in the 1990s, my net clothing purchases online this year are 0 with me having to pay shipping and return shipping on two items so that works out to about a $15 try on fee for each item or $30 in total.

I have made one jewelry purchase this year from TSC back on January 1st which was a sterling silver cuff bracelet - the same vendor also sells on HSN.

I've made 2 online beauty purchases this year consisting of 2 separate orders for The Ordinary skin care items from Hudson's Bay, one order in October and one order in December. I'm still waiting for part of my skin care order but since there is a rotating Canada Post strike going on I doubt I'll get the order before Christmas. It may take a month or more to receive my order that is being shipped from Calgary, Alberta to Vancouver, B.C. due to the backlog of parcels that Canada Post has to deliver still.

My prediction for next year is that I will make no online clothing purchases, no online jewelry purchases, and no online beauty purchases for a grand total of 0 online purchases in 2019.

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

How many fashion items from the Q did you buy this year? 

Don't ask! I "discovered" Linea and Belle! I told myself I should stick to those lines, and for the most part I do, but I do like some other things too.

I really don't like going to the mall. We don't have any of the nicer stores around us, except for Macy's, and calling "our" Macy's nice is stretching it. 

I am still working part time, which is really most of the time, and I like being able to order from my home - after seeing the fashion item presented. I liked the old Coldwater Creek catalogue that displayed an item as part of a whole outfit. That makes it easier for me. So I can do the same thing here! 

I like ordering from QVC. There have been some glitches, and I do get a lot of "returns" sent to me, but for the most part I'm happy here! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not sure about the amount ... A few pieces of Susan Graver this early to mid fall.

A Carole Hochman Capri/Short jammie set last spring i think it was.

An Earth bootie this fall also.

I went a few years with out buying any fashion at all from here, depends on what is offered and how bad I want it I suppose ... sometimes I buy, more often though, I don’t.

I don’t shop any bras or panties from here - those I buy elsewhere, I like the brands I wear and that is it. No need for me to try different ones.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

ZERO. I only shop local so I can keep my money in my own community. Shop your local merchants ladies!!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@wilma

I bought more jewelry than fashion.

Since January,  I have purchased these:

Clinton Kelly-

C. Wonder scarf (on the right)-

Image result for C. Wonder Floral Border Print Scarf with Pom Pom Trim olive

IM paisley scarf-

Image result for Isaac Mizrahi Live! Exploded Paisley Print Scarf

Boyne Valley Weavers ruana-