Valued Contributor

Re: How much fashion did you buy from the Q in 2018?

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked   I understand the feeling of dread having been through it as the mother of the bride in 2011.  I searched styles and colors online first to find designers that suited me.  Took me about a month to finalize my choice.  

I have my clothing size pretty much nailed.  I got a Tahari jacket dress from Nordstrom's that I paid full price for in a color that the bride, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law/bridesmaid agreed with.

The ironic part was that I already had the identical outfit in a different color that I had paid 2/3 less for about six months earlier!

Still get lots of use out of both of these outfits on the rare dressy occasions that I attend.

Have fun with your search, from shoes, to jewelry, to purse.  It is wonderful to see a daughter marry.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

@aroc3435 wrote:

@Ifeelwicked   I understand the feeling of dread having been through it as the mother of the bride in 2011.  I searched styles and colors online first to find designers that suited me.  Took me about a month to finalize my choice.  

I have my clothing size pretty much nailed.  I got a Tahari jacket dress from Nordstrom's that I paid full price for in a color that the bride, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law/bridesmaid agreed with.

The ironic part was that I already had the identical outfit in a different color that I had paid 2/3 less for about six months earlier!

Still get lots of use out of both of these outfits on the rare dressy occasions that I attend.

Have fun with your search, from shoes, to jewelry, to purse.  It is wonderful to see a daughter marry.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you SO much for sharing your wisdom! Great advise! We’re all so excited? Our dear, sweet girl actually sent us a card last week sharing all the nightmare, bridezilla stories she’d seen on TV and thanking her dad and I for making the whole process painless and fun! (Wait, what? Where was THIS girl during her teenage years?! Lol) It gets better.....our son is engaged as well! Can we just skip to the grandkids??? 😊

Honored Contributor

As far as fashion, I purchased a few articles of clothing and a few pairs of boots.  My main purchase items are Wen and beauty items.

Respected Contributor

Lots!!  I am a Linea fan and sometimes a GILI fan.  I made some nice purchses this year.

Respected Contributor

Way way too much!

Honored Contributor

Zero

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

The last thing I will ever do is add up my dollar purchases.  Don't use credit cards, not in debt.  But I stillj don't want to know.  

Honored Contributor

Only some Linea items.  Not as many items as in the past.  Reasons:  Don't have my size in stock; his clothing is almost "too dressy" for the way people dress around here and for the limited places I go; prices -- $60.+ for a sweater is more than I care to pay.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just added up my QVC  2018 fashion purchases and the total is a whopping $1,078.09 (and $304.45 on HSN) without taxes and shipping.  Most of that is LOGO, three Barefoot Dreams and three pair of Kim Gravel jeans. I don't consider these items my "good" clothes, just casual throw away stuff.  With shipping going up 50 cents per item, I have decided that I would rather have fewer but, quality items...that' will be my new mantra.  The quality at QVC has gone down, as has the value...

I would like to thank the OP for posting this question...it opened my eyes and made me realize that I would rather have experiences over things.

THANKS @wilma!!!

Regular Contributor

Two different TSV Breezies bras, a LOGO top to wear with something I bought elsewhere, a C Wonder jacket on clearance, and a pair  of Lisa Rinna jog pants.  I also bought a few things for my mom and had them shipped to her. 

Ratings:  love the Breezies "bralette" type bra, it gives enough support and is super comfortable.  My mother loves it too. She is a 44C, I'm a 34DD and it works for both of us (I'm in my 60s; won't give her age, but neither of us is young).  The C Wonder jacket is great; never tried that line before and know it is discontinued, but it was a great purchase, especially on clearance.  I am a big fan of the Lisa Rinna pants which were also a TSV.  the sizing is a bit off, IMO, but the fabric is great and they've held up great.  My surprise is the LOGO tank.  On a whim, I bought a cheap outfit at Lot-Less and realized that the blouse was totally shear when I got home.  I looked around for something to wear under it and settled on a LOGO tank.  Never bought that brand before and I have to say I'm not a fan of all that layering and funky hemlines, but I was happily surprised at the quality of the piece I bought.  I expected cheap junk and it isn't that at all.  

I bought my mom two pair of Cuddle Duds PJs and she loves them.  

Most of my purchases are beauty products, some new, most resupplies of stuff I use, and a few things like Don Aslett's toilet cleaner (re-order); more Scrub Daddys, and that sort of thing.  

Honored Contributor

None  Smiley Happy None from any shopping network and none online Smiley Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller