Respected Contributor

Re: How many swimsuits do you own?

@Lilysmom wrote:

Speaking of swimsuits, can anyone recommend one that holds up well in chlorine?  Where do you find those?  I swim laps in a pool eight months of the year and a suit only lasts me a couple of months.  Thank heavens for Costco.  I go through them like crazy.

At our pool, you see all sizes, people at all levels of fitness and injury as water is such a forgiving exercise.  Everyone starts somewhere so don’t be shy to be in your bathing suit.  Life is too short, enjoy yourself!  LM

The Speedo Endurance line is fabulous. I'm in the pool at least 4 days per week and a suit from this line usually lasts me a couple of years. You can find them at most sporting goods stores or order them on-line from a number of places.

The absolute WORST suits I've ever had were from the Land's End chlorine resistant line and the Dolphin brand. They didn't even last 90 days. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Contributor

None!!!

Trusted Contributor

I have maybe 15 and I wear every one of them.

Respected Contributor

Zero. I haven't worn one in decades.

Honored Contributor

Well shoot! I may have to go and buy me a new suit. Just found out that my favorite natural hot springs pool has posted a 'no skinny dippin' sign on the premises. That was why I went there to begin with. Ain't gonna be no fun anymore. All good things come to an end. Just like they say.Woman Tongue

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

I have 10 - I swim everyday and the chlorine absolutely ruins the suit eventhough I shower after and wash them everyday!

I usually buy them on sale (Maxine) and pick up 1-2 at a great price!  

Respected Contributor

I own eight swim suits. I love to swim and wish we had a larger pool than the ones at the Motel.  I could go to the lakes but have become crowded as many public swimming areas have closed.

Trusted Contributor

I have one that is cute for my age.   The bottoms are like a pair of shorts and the top is like a tank top with a built in bra.   I purchased it at jcpenney about 5 years ago.   The shorts are solid black and the top is black with white dots.   I have a solid black coverup that falls just above the knees.   Perfect for my senior citizen years now!!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

At this point, probably about 7 or 8.  I bought 3 new ones to go on our recent cruise.  

I have different suits for different needs.  Hot tub, boat, jet ski, lounging poolside.  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@SilleeMee  - I wore a bikini until the day I turned the big 5-0.  Now I own one one-piece......sure miss those bikini days.

@San Antonio Gal, why was 50 the magic number?  I'm just curious because my good friend did the same thing.  The woman can still fit in her high school prom dress and has a rockin body but for some reason when she turned 50, she deemed herself too old for a 2 piece.  

I see young ladies less than half her age sporting bikinis that don't look as good as she does.