Honored Contributor

Re: How many swimsuits do you own?

I don't go to the beach anymore.  Those days are long over.  I own one.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee  - I wore a bikini until the day I turned the big 5-0.  Now I own one one-piece......sure miss those bikini days.

Esteemed Contributor

None at this stage of the game.  I wouldn't subject the public to the sight of me in a swim suit.

Honored Contributor

I HATE wearing a swimsuit and though I have a few I just don't wear them!  Instead when we go to the beach I'll wear a beachy tee shirt with swim shorts. 

I just purchased these Denim & Co board shorts (A303934in the navy.  They are really cute but haven't worn them yet.  Some have complained that they don't come with a built in panty but you can always buy a swimsuit bottom that looks just like a panty but is designed to go in the water.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

One.  I don't like wearing it but there are times when  I have to, I can't get around it.  I'm not the type who goes into a pool or into the water at the beach in shorts and a tee.  A friend did that when we were in FL and all that did was draw more attention to her.  She looked silly, in and out of the pool.    

I disagree.  Nothing wrong with wearing swim shorts & a tee or sleeveless top....but then I just don't go into a pool anymore though I will wade into the ocean.

Why are men allowed to wear swim shorts down to their knees and tee shirts?  They don't usually wear skimpy bottoms so why should a woman who doesn't want to reveal everything be required to do so?  I actually think someone wearing a revealing suit (which can include a one piece) with a very generous out of shape body not to be a good look.  You might have felt that a bit of coverage with shorts & a tree drew attention to your friend but I doubt most other people even noticed or cared.

Honored Contributor

Currently 0. 

I used to own 2, but I got rid of them because they didn’t fit anymore. 

This year for our beach trip I wore a pair of shorts and had a few resort looking tees. I don’t swim or go in the water so what I wore was fine for walking on the beach and sitting on the deck. Doubt I will ever buy another swimsuit. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

oh my! So many I would have to count....

at 63  started to wear a  teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini..... with a thong in the back.....( I certainly turn those young guys heads.)

After that, I just went crazy and started to  wear them doing my yard work   and going to the gym too.....

Valued Contributor

I believe I have around 30..and at least that many Cover-ups to match. We go to Aruba for 5 weeks in the winter. I live in a Bathingsuit all day. You have to have different ones...

Honored Contributor

2 and the one, I have never worn. I don't swim, but I want a suit that I look decent in, just in case.

Valued Contributor

I have three.  Fit 4 You.  One is solid black the other two are print.  I am plus size and I love the fit 4 you suits.  I am not happy how I look in them but I go on cruises with pools and I sometimes have to go to a pool and need a suit so I always have on on hand.