Trusted Contributor

Re: How many scarves you own?

I have many, many scarves.  I only like infinity (loop) scarves and I have sewn some oblong ones into infinity ones.  I never wore scarves when I worked because they always seemed in the way.  But in retirement I love them!

Esteemed Contributor

Except for two that I have for my winter coats. I have zilch. It's a look that just does not appeal to me.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I have a couple that I never wear. Sometimes I like the look on others, but I just don't like them around my neck. I've tried them as belts and tied them on handbags too, but they're just not my thing. I have a couple of winter scarves on coats that I use more. 

Honored Contributor

I went through a phase where I wore them a lot but usually in the winter with sweaters.  I haven't worn any in ages.  I think they really add such a nice touch and so much style.  When I read this topic, I thought, I should make an effort to start wearing one once in awhile when I do go out (which isn't often).  I have quite a few and they are just languishing in one of my drawers!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise i own lots of scarfs in all sizes, colors and fabrics.  I partucularly love one in a grey tapestry which i wear over my black, long sweater coat and also with sweaters and jeans. Get lots of compliments.

Super Contributor

I have hundreds, from silk squares to blanket scarves, cashmere for outerwear and many handmade designs. Some handpainted silk, some Challis (love it) for winter.

I made a fortune one winter, crocheting long skinny ones (when that was in style) with metal wire and Swarovski beaded pointed "tips" on them. I would make them and sell at  art shows, too.