Honored Contributor

How many scarves you own?

[ Edited ]

Where are you on the 'scarf' scale? 

Some folks don't own any, others collect them/LOTS...

As for myself, I got rid of many a couple of years ago...had a whole drawer full. I just went through what I had again and was able to get rid of the rest except for 8. They make a nice short stack in about 1/4-1/3 of the drawer now. Smiley Happy

How did I choose...narrow them down?

I put each one of them on...seriously. If there was not a 100% chance I would wear it anytime in the future, it went to the Goodwill pile...period.

I only have 3 other scarves and they are what I call outerwear when the weather is cold, not for completing an outfit. Those are kept in our hall closet with our coats/gloves/etc.

Here is a pic of the 8 I kept...all are Isaac Mizrahi except for the one on the right end which is Vera Bradley.

P5300283.JPG

Respected Contributor

Re: How many scarves you own?

Didn't count them but I know there are at least 60.  I love scarfs.  They are mostly Issac Mizrahi's or Vera Bradly, then some from other sources.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few ...dozen!

Did not wear them during lockdown, of course. I could probably go through my collection and narrow it down a bit, but I am sure most are keepers.

Collected from a variety of sources, including j.jill, Chicos and Isaac.

Respected Contributor

I have a few.  One was a gift and the others belonged to my late mom, so that is why I am hanging onto them.  My friend, on the other hand, has so many she is affectionately known as Gypsy Rose Lee.  💃🌹💋👠

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I just put probably 7 or 8 scarves in the donation pile.  The only ones I now own are ones I will wear with a winter coat.  I am just not a scarf person.  Other people look so chic in them but I look like a mess.  I end up fidgeting too much with them because they just bug me.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I have about 8 but never wear them, it's too hot in Florida and to me they're like cowl neck tops, I'm always fussing with them and adjusting them.

Honored Contributor

None.  I can't stand anything around my neck.  Scarves are also too fussy for me.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Zero, for the same reasons as @gidgetgh 

Esteemed Contributor

never owned a scarf.......

Honored Contributor

I don’t have an accurate count. Probably in the hundreds.

I’ve been collecting and making them for 50 years. Boxes and boxes and boxes. Separated be color, season, favorites.