Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many returns do you send back to Q now from former years?

Can't really answer that.  For a while, probably the same percentage-wise.  But, buy lot less, because can't go by the sizing - to me, it seems all over the place.  Quality-wise, not always satisfied as much anymore:  liked it better when they had much more "natural" fabrics, better price points and more consistency in their sizing:  before, sure sizing might vary from line to line but not as much as it does now and once you were familiar with a line, you pretty much knew what size to order.  SG had a nice line and reasonable prices.  There was another in-house line that was good quality - think it was Jessica something-or-other(?).  Now, Denim & Co. - getting better, but wish they'd have more cotton! And, Gili, is just way too over- priced imo.  So, years ago, d/n return much, then things started changing and I did return stuff for quality or fit, and now, don't buy that much unless it's make-up or skincare.  But, if the make-up doesn't work for me, will return; skincare, usually chock it up to a lesson-learned.  Wish they'd bring back some of their "old" vendors and a variety of products.  Beginning to think IT has stock in the Q, just like B Makowsky - overkill!

Valued Contributor

Years ago I used to return quite alot. Prices & shipping were a lot lower and because of sizing issues I didn't hesitate to order something in 2 different sizes knowing I would return the item that did not fit. Now with the much higher prices I don't buy many clothing items since there still isn't any consistancy in sizing. There are LOTS of brick & motar stores near me so I now try things on before purchasing and with sales get great prices.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I order a lot (I mean a lot) of stuff from QVC and I think if you weigh what I order and send back what I send back isn't that much.

I refuse to keep things that don't fit.  That's my main complaint.  It's not me loosing and gaining weight, it's that QVC buys from different vendors and each has their own meaning of a size 1X.

I seldom send something back because I don't like it.  I only order what I want.  I get teased a lot by the people at the post office.  

-----------------------------------------

@Annabellethecat66 

I agree with you about sizes and vendors. It didn't use to be so tricky. Don't feel bad about being teased, last time I was at the post office, a lady had a huge amount of stuff she was sending back!

Like you, I refuse to keep something if it does not fit like I want it to. By the way, I never take my returns to the post office. I just arrange for them to be picked up during my usual mail person's delivery for free! All done from my computer!

Honored Contributor

I don't mind going to the post office.  It gets me out of the house and I usually have lunch or dinner out with a friend.

Otherwise I wouldn't have any reason to go out and wear my QVC outfits!

Respected Contributor

I really only buy two clothing labels at QVC - Llinea and GILI.  I used to return a great deal more, but I now know their sizing issues.  I usually return the most iurnn January when I return gifts.

Honored Contributor

The ONLY things I have ever returned to anyone have been earrings that are too heavy.   Not THEIR fault.    My earlobes are as thin as dimes.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I don't mind going to the post office.  It gets me out of the house and I usually have lunch or dinner out with a friend.

Otherwise I wouldn't have any reason to go out and wear my QVC outfits!

@Annabellethecat66

Cracked me up LOL!!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

In the 20 or so years I've been a Q shopper I have returned less than a handful of items.  I do hesitate now to order clothing because the sizing varies so much.  I'm an extra small/small but I find myself undecided which size to order after viewing the size charts.

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  I'm a realist.  I'm one of the best dressed people in the post office.  

The problem I have though is finding someone to talk to in line.  Believe me.  The US post office is alive and well.  The line always goes out the door!

Honored Contributor

I mostly buy D&Co. so I don't return much clothing, but I did just return a jacket  and a sweater from other designers that were poor quality. I don't keep anything I don't love I don't care what the return costs are.