Respected Contributor

Re: How many pairs of shoes do you own.....

way too many and never enoough   😉

I have lots of sandals because I live in a warm climate.

Esteemed Contributor

To infinity and beyond. I am a shoe-a-holic. My mother told me that when I was still in a crib, I insisted upon sleeping with my new shoes. I no longer sleep with my shoes but I am addicted to buying many pairs all the time. I do wind up wearing the same shoes over and over and I have found brands that fit me well, but I still have too many shoes.

Valued Contributor

I probably have about 25-30. I do wear most of them depending upon the season and the outfit.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

over 50Woman Embarassed

i am going with this number......and too scared to do any further counting. LOL

i HAVE been encouraging one of my daughters to take whatever she wants anytime she is home.....saves her money and reduces my collection. however, i JUST purchased a pair from qvc during the past week. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Frequent Contributor

I have many, many, many pairs of shoes... and while I don't need them all I enjoy having them all. I wear all my shoes, but there are definitely some that don't get worn often.  Although there were several years of having lots of weddings and formal occasions to attend, my special occasion shoes have not seen much use lately.  And I do question why I need at least six pairs of gold/silver/bejeweled stilletos, but they are beautiful and carefully chosen and will be worn when the occasion arises.  I also have a lot of boots, and this winter was so mild that I definitely didn't wear all of them.  I spend most of the summer in flat slip on sandals or Nike flip flips, but I definitely have the cute high espadrilles to wear with a sundress.  I work a professional job so feel like I want to have the office appropriate and weekend options covered in my shoe collection.

I think it's okay to have too much, and I find it adds a bit of fun on the days that I decide a red shoe would make me happy or a leopard print shoe with a leopard print blouse would look coordinated.  The idea of minimalism has never appealed to me, and I would be bored without choices!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  We also have moved several times in the past decade.  It is certainly an incentive to get rid of stuff.  Each time fewer and fewer items get moved--LOL!!  Have about 20 pair of shoes--summer and winter--now and I do wear them all.  

Honored Contributor

I'm taking the fifth ! 😂

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Who counts shoes?   Never have, never will.  If they all won't fit in the closet, I have too many.

If I can't find a pair to wear on a regular basis, I have too few. 

Honored Contributor

I've never counted.  Probably close to 100 (or more Smiley Embarassed)

Honored Contributor

Last time I counted I got to 77 (but found a few more pairs after).  That doesn't include boots.  I have at least a dozen pairs of boots (winter, not dress).  And it doesn't include rainwear.  I have two pairs of Sloggers garden shoes, at least 4 pairs of rainboots and a pair of LL Bean boots.

Come the spring, it will definitely be time to weed out a few pairs.