Trusted Contributor

Re: How many pairs of shoes do you own.....

Wow!  I admire the minimalist when it comes to shoes.

I told my husband just yesterday, someone needs to stop

me from buying shoes/boots and jackets.  I found myself

donating a few that had never been worn.  It can become

sort of crazy.  At least for me.

As far as numbers, probably about 25 pairs of shoes.

I remember years ago, Imelda Marcos, the first lady of the

Philipines had 250 pairs of shoes, and there were photos

of the closet when her husband left office.  She became

sort of the poster child of overdoing the shoe buying

Honored Contributor

I have no idea.  Not as many as Imelda ... but I have a lot of footwear.

Honored Contributor

When I was working, I had a pair of shoes in every color, style and appropriate for every outfit.

About 2 months before I retired, I knew I wanted to get rid of some of the shoes. I knew I would no longer need 8 pairs of navy blue pumps. I would not be wearing "work clothes" anymore. So everyday I wore a different pair of shoes. By the end of the day if they were the least bit uncomfortable, I donated them.

I still have far too many shoes. I would be embarrased to count them. Time to do another purge.

Honored Contributor

At this very moment I have 10 pair; 2 pair of athletic shoes were trashed this month.   The most shoes I’ve ever owned in my entire life is 25, and that was in 2012.   

My feet have changed quite a bit since my knee replacements, and my shoes must offer solid, firm support; none of my shoes are more than 2 years old.   

Honored Contributor

Without actually counting them, I would conservatively say 30 pair of shoes, boots,sneakers and sandals. They all look new because I don't wear any one pair more than twice a week. My Miz Mooz boots I wear the most in early Spring and Fall, those are the softest most comfortable boots I have ever worn without  socks. The boots are great looking, people just stare at my feet and ask me where I got my boots.

Valued Contributor

@SugarPuff wrote:

I used to have an insane amount of shoes (mostly heels), like up to 10 shades in every color to be an exact match to the dress or outfit I was wearing that day (It was the early 90s, what's can I say? ) I also had probably 20 pairs of sneakers in assorted colors  same with moccasins.  I also had an enormous walk in closet complete with a system that moved the clothes around the closet and up to the attic  (came with the house).  Anyway, when we moved from that house, the packing crew were  bored and they counted my shoes and yelled out "hey Emelda Marcos ".  There were 457 pairs of shoes not including boots.   That was a big wake up call to say the least.  Once moved  gave away over 300 pairs and donated the rest to Dress for Success.  I kept about 90 pair which was still excessive.   Fast forward to now  I probably have about 45 pairs of shoes and 8 pair of boots.   I work so most get worn regularly.  I live in a 4 season climate and this number includes workout and walking shoes. 

Smiley Surprised I've never owned that many shoes my entire life combined!! LOL (I'm 39)...now that being said, it sounds to me if you lived in a house w/ an enormous walk in closet that moved clothes to the attic automatically lol, money probably wasn't an "issue", which in my case I have none LOL...So, what I'm saying is thinking about it, if I had the money I might have more shoes too, probably not that many, but definitely more than the 8-10 pair I have now.  :-)

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

I don't own a lot of shes.  Maybe abut 8 pairs.  That's it.  One reason is that although I wear a common size (8) my feet are between medium and wide (C size)   Most wide shoes are (D) which is much wider then mine.  I have an in between size.  Sometimes I fit in to a medium, sometimes a "wide" but it has to be a C. I also have a very small heel.  I can't buy QVC shoes, I would end up returning it.  I would have to guess between medium and wide.  So I do most shoe shopping in person.  But I'm not a shoe fan.  I dislike handbags and shoes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Including slippers, I have 38 and wear most of them regularly.  It's funny that you started this thread because I am currently on the hunt for new summer sandals, so I will be adding at least 3 additional pairs soon.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Valued Contributor

Far, far too many to count.  And no, I sure don't wear them all.  But I MIGHT some day. LOL

Trusted Contributor

Never mind!!!Woman Wink