Super Contributor

Re: How many orders do you cancel?

Quite a few. If I am not sure I'll select check for payment. That gives me time to decide.

Honored Contributor

Just the other day I cancelled a boot order on HSN when I found the same pair on shoemall for 25% off! Otherwise I've only cancelled once before

I wish I could remember who recommended that website because it's been great and I'd love to thank her again!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Just the other day I cancelled a boot order on HSN when I found the same pair on shoemall for 25% off! Otherwise I've only cancelled once before

I wish I could remember who recommended that website because it's been great and I'd love to thank her again!

@Andreatoo,That's the boot you were just happy over?Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

You didn’t specify timeframe, so looking back at my August orders I canceled 4 items.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trudey wrote:

I cancel a lot.  I think I want something, order it...then decide nope.

Trudey-if you cancel a lot, you'll get "the letter".

I got the "letter" for cancellation 10 years ago.  I have canceled a few times this past year but not many.  I haven't received their letter since.    I probably did cancel a lot many years ago as I ordered more then.  I'm more selective now.

I wonder if they still close peoples' accounts due to returns.  They used to do that.  My neighbor's account was closed many years ago.  She was so upset.  

I haven't seen much on the boards lately about "the letter".  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

ZERO!

Honored Contributor

Quit a few but for different reasons:

* As one person said, I may order to get my size/color but after actually seeing a presentation may realize that it's not what it appeared to be in the picture/ad.

* When something goes on waitlist when it originally said "in stock" and even more so AFTER I purchased it and it was "in stock". This really ticks me off.

* When something is on waitlist for a long time.

Usually, though, it's because I saw, heard or read something about the item that made me instantly realize that it was NOT going to work for me. I purchase far more than I cancel, that's for sure.

Respected Contributor

Never ... I am afraid of the "dreaded letter."   I agonize for hours prior to ordering so I am 100% certain that I want the item.

Respected Contributor

Overall - quite a few. It is a woman's prerogative to change her mind, is it not?😉

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i dont cancel orders.

the only orders i have occasionally  canceled are extended period waitlist orders if i dont want to wait anymore.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein