Honored Contributor

Re: How many orders do you cancel?

Hi @hunter and welcome to the Community.  I don't shop here as often as I used to - I cancelled an order for a handbag within 30 mins of placing the order this year.

I usually agonize over something before I order it which is why I don't cancel often.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Over the recent years with decline in quality,  inventory control and shipping and handling at Q. I cancel more orders than the last 20 years combined.

Since they are so slow to process shipping it helps to stop that impulse and realize the item is not worth it.

Q still makes alot of money off of me - the day the close me out I should say thank you.

Honored Contributor

@DesertdiI'm sort of like you-  I use my credit cards for virtually everything wherever I shop, but I also don't shop a huge variety of places, but... I've never once cancelled a QVC order after I decided to order.  Sometimes it takes me all day to decide;  I just don't order until I'm sure I want what's offered and I'm sure QVC has the best value on that item. 

I just don't feel any pressure to get in there before something is sold out.  There'll be more here or somewhere.

Honored Contributor

I don't cancel a lot , however, if I find a better price or I just change my mind, I will cancel. Sometimes something seems like a good idea, but upon reflection, becomes a what was I thinking, then I cancel.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

I sometimes cancel if I have ordered something by phone if I'm in bed watching TV.  When I go to my computer, I look at the reviews and/or a closer look at the item (especially length as it is not always given in the presentation and many are so long) and I will then cancel an item.  I also sometimes cancel if I have ordered one and decide I really like it and it has a buy more and save and I go back to order a second, I will then cancel the first item.  Rarely have I canceled an item just because I changed my mind.

Lately I have cancelled items, received a cancellation confirmation and the item ships anyway.  They do send an apology letter and free return postage tho.  One order shipped after I cancelled worked in my favor tho.  I cancelled it when I got a closer look at the material on the computer, but it shipped anyway and when I received it, I loved it and kept it.  My first instinct to order was the correct one!

Honored Contributor

If the Q is too slow in shipping I will cancel.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Honored Contributor

I don't order very much from the Q.  The only tine I cancelled was when an item I had ordered and thought would be shipping soon was "backordered."  I cancelled.

Valued Contributor

When the order stays "in processing" more than 5 days, I will cancel. I did that recently and the order shipped out anyway 10 days later after cancelling. Three times in the past couple of months this has happened, and it's one particular warehouse that does this. I don't usually cancel or return, but the last few months have been particularly trying during "in process". 

Esteemed Contributor

Within this past week I've canceled the same item twice and reordered it the third time!  A Dooney & Burke Crossbody bag was on a Lunch Time Special

... I love the design but  thought it was still too much  .... cancel #1; after sleeping on it, I decided I really, really liked it ... of course the price had gone back up. 

Called CS and the associate was a pleasure to talk with ... she restored my original order at the LTS price.   But ... but ... conscience telling me "hey, that's still too much ... cancel #2.  

Again, next day ...  noticed a new color, one I really, really wanted, popped back in.   So, called CS and again got the LTS price  with 5 easy pays.

It's still In Process.

Honored Contributor

The only time I cancel an order is when I forget to go through a rebate site so I cancel and reorder.  It seems to me it is kind of selfish and rather rude to order to reserve an item until deciding whether you really want it.    If I'm not sure and then decide to order and my color or size is gone than that's ok - it wasn't meant to be.  If I'm that uncertain I know it's not for me at that time.