Respected Contributor

Re: How many of you are picking up a couple ruanas?

And some are checking out Friends and Family sales at Neiman Marcus, Saks, and Bloomingdales and Charity Days at Lord and Taylor.

Just too many choices in life!

I am glad that Isaac continues to offer high quality cashmere items on QVC.

(By the way, I also bought the Martha Stewart ruana as a gift for someone last year.)

Trusted Contributor

'Buy it as a gift' is the new 'can you order that in the black for me?  I don't know which one is more obnoxious.

Respected Contributor

Here we go again....I do not mean to be rude but, do not spend my money for me. I am sure many people are able to spend that amount on a pice of clothing. Why assume if you think something is too costly everyone agrees. 

Honored Contributor

Everything isn't for everyone. To those that buy it wear, it in health. It isn't any of my business ,how others spend their money , long as they aren't involved in crime, or abusing someone. I mind my own business

Honored Contributor

Good grief.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Keep a few in your gift closet, just in case.

Respected Contributor

If I liked them, I'd buy them. But I don't. Too much fabric for me.

As for the price - one person's "too much" is another's "great price". When someone else starts paying my bills, they can have a say in how I spend my money. Until then, it's nunya. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Price aside, I tried one on last winter and for me it was cumbersome. What about my shoulder bag? Couldn't put it over...bulky. Under? Couldn't get to it when cell rang, etc. Just didn't seem like a practical trade off for a jacket/coat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

Here we go again....I do not mean to be rude but, do not spend my money for me. I am sure many people are able to spend that amount on a pice of clothing. Why assume if you think something is too costly everyone agrees. 

Thank you @Janey2  I don't get why people care how other people choose to spend their money or what others choose to wear.  

Honored Contributor

I have so many that I have made over the years- fabric, knit and crochet. They are really no-brainers to make.