Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many jeans do you own?

7 pair.  Two are black, two are Capri length, the rest just medium blue straight slim legs.Hoping to find a nice white pair. But can't find the right fit they're either too tight or too baggy. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Super Contributor

@San Antonio Gal @Funny you should ask. Cleaned out clothes today and have given away at least 20 pairs, many with tags on them. I have kept approx 15 pair. I always think I will look good in a pair of jeans and order them and they squeeze my stomach or push the roll up and I look terrible. I tried everything on before boxing it to go and honestly feel pretty down about how much money I have wasted and my weight. That full length mirror I have didn't show any mercy!! Oh well, tomorrow is another day to do better. 

Honored Contributor

@Rose429 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal @Funny you should ask. Cleaned out clothes today and have given away at least 20 pairs, many with tags on them. I have kept approx 15 pair. I always think I will look good in a pair of jeans and order them and they squeeze my stomach or push the roll up and I look terrible. I tried everything on before boxing it to go and honestly feel pretty down about how much money I have wasted and my weight. That full length mirror I have didn't show any mercy!! Oh well, tomorrow is another day to do better. 

@Rose429 

If it will help, buying jeans is easy.  Buying well-fitting jeans is practically crazy making.   

About 10 years ago, I decided I should have a pair of jeans, since all I'd owned in a previous climate had gone out the door.

One holiday weekend I decided to get those jeans and proceeded to go to a total of 6 stores, and make the sales associates work for their commission.   I could not believe how many pair were mediocre, at best.  I looked like a farmer's wife in her worst pair.   NOTHING passes the 3-way mirror test, and for the record, my dress size is size 12.  (Not to give farmers' wives a bad name).

After an exhausting 3 day weekend going to 6 stores, and trying on probably 50+ pair, I decided I don't really need this.   

I have never regretted that decision.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I have never worn jeans in my 76 years of life. lol

My momma would not let me wear any kind of pants till I was off on my own. I was married before I got my first pair of ‘long pants’.

Freedom!

Respected Contributor

Made me look.  20ish including crops and shorts, i've never ownd a pair of jeans that don't grow on me and i hate sitting in jeans all day so i never really liked wearing them to work.  When the workplace started having "Jeans Day" on Fridays it was a big deal for most but not me.

Honored Contributor

I'm guessing between 15 and 20 pairs of jeans.  

I have more other pants than I do denims.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

4; 1 capri length, 1 crop length, 2 full length.  

My husband owns 2 pair of jeans.

Respected Contributor

I have ten pairs in different lengths and colors.

Trusted Contributor

I have about 15 pairs of pants but will guess 30-ish pairs of jeans, maybe more. Jeans have been my work and weekend uniform for years.

But I need to weed out pairs I don't wear.

and I need to work on T shirts too.

Esteemed Contributor

Zero for me.