Honored Contributor

Re: How many jeans do you own?

@SurferWife wrote:

ONE.  And I don't wear them.  I think it's time to load up a box of clothes I no longer wear & head to the Salvation Army.

@SurferWife    How about denim shorts?  Probably too warm in Hawaii for jeans.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Are you asking about the ones that currently fit me, the ones that used to fit me or the ones I hope will fit me someday?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Zero.   When I lived in a cooler climate I wore jeans, but I find them just too hot and uncomfortable with the heat.  

I see women wearing jeans all the time and I guess they are doing so because they are broken in and comfortable.  However, if someone took a photo and handed it to them they would probably be shocked at how unattractive their skin tight bulges and whatnot are, contributing to a bad fit.  

What ever happened to good tailoring,  proper fit ...  and full length mirrors?   

JMO, of course.      

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Flika13 wrote:

Are you asking about the ones that currently fit me, the ones that used to fit me or the ones I hope will fit me someday?

I have multiple sizes of jeans, too.  My weight will fluctuate, but my need for jeans never wavers. I have the too large or too small in storage bins within easy reach.

Jeans are what I wear every day here in the Southwest. They are the essential items in my wardrobe. I did recently donate all of my DG2 jeans that I accumulated over the years. My husband did not like the fit on me.

Respected Contributor

I thought I was the only one in the world that didn't like to wear jeans.  I do own 2 pair in green because it is my favorite color and I thought maybe I would wear them.  One is from Belle and the other from Isaac.  I don't wear either of them.  Maybe this winter, if not I will dispose of them.

However, I'm right there along with Alberti.  I have way too many pants of all kinds and lengths including crops, capris with the exception of jeans.   If I were to count them, I would probably have more pants than Alberti has jeans.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lost count.  I know over 40.  But I haven't purchased any since 2020.  That's the one brand of clothing I think most women have in multiples. My favorite cut is cigarette cut.  But I have all cuts except for boot cut.  Hate them. But plenty flares, skinny, slim, cigarette, wide, etc. All of them are American made, expensive designer brands. Bulk of them were over $150-$250.00.  Name brands Rag & Bone,Citizens of Humanity, Frame, 3X1, McGuire, etc. Compared to the rest of my clothing,,,,tops, skirts, dress pants, skirts are dead cheap. Don't own a lot of joggers though. None are pull up.  They all have button/zippers.  Have never owned a jean from QVC.  The closest to my taste in jeans is Laurie Felt, but again don't own any.

Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

I thought I was the only one in the world that didn't like to wear jeans.  I do own 2 pair in green because it is my favorite color and I thought maybe I would wear them.  One is from Belle and the other from Isaac.  I don't wear either of them.  Maybe this winter, if not I will dispose of them.

However, I'm right there along with Alberti.  I have way too many pants of all kinds and lengths including crops, capris with the exception of jeans.   If I were to count them, I would probably have more pants than Alberti has jeans.

@KathyM23 

No, there are many of us ... more than I realized.  

Trusted Contributor

i have over a hundred, they all still fit, and all in great condition. 

Honored Contributor

I gave about 15 pairs to Goodwill late last year. 

I still own somewhere between 50-55 pairs.  Some are cold weather, vs. warm weather.  All lengths, weights, patterns, stretchy vs. original weight denim.

Yes, I wear them all:  I wear a few in one season, a different few in the next, then skip a year and wear others, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

Probably have between 15 to 20 pairs. Just went through them recently

and gave three away to Goodwill. Could not imagine owning anywhere

near 200. Wow, that's alot.