Honored Contributor

Re: How likely are you to buy "a set of two" in tops?

I have MANY sets of 2 great tops by slinky brand from hsn.  Started buying these last season actually and all on sale too.  Great buys especially when I pick them up on sale and if this brand has a set that's a really great design and may not be on sale, I'll get them.  I also have a few sets of 2 by Antthony same site too.

I love all the colors, sets and designs by slinky that I own.  I wear them all the time during the spring/summer with my many skorts that I have from the q & from kohls. 

Esteemed Contributor

I usually pass. I might be tempted if they are basics like one black and one white--colors I would wear often with just about anything.  Like the OP, I usually don't like one of the available options.  Sometimes I find myself wishing I could get one from this set and one from that set.  I like it when they do Buy More Save More so I have more options than just the set of two.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never bought a set. However, sometimes it's nice to get a color you wouldn't normally choose. Makes you step out of the box. You might like it!!

I looked at the two QF tops mentioned by @Iwantcoffee but they are "dry flat," and Ihave enough of those.  Nice tops, tho'.

Respected Contributor

I have a few times. Usually black & white. I don't wear color very often. I have bought a few, mostly QF, sets in colors, but I end up wearing them around the house. Not that I mind the color combinations. They look really pretty, but I feel like a big, fat Easter egg when I wear them. LOL

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I've never bought a set. However, sometimes it's nice to get a color you wouldn't normally choose. Makes you step out of the box. You might like it!!

I looked at the two QF tops mentioned by @Iwantcoffee but they are "dry flat," and Ihave enough of those.  Nice tops, tho'.

Thank you for pointing that out. I did not realize that and I will pass. I am never happy with how those look after washing and drying.

Respected Contributor

I just bought A275268 a set of 2 tops by QF  They have different necklines.  But I will agree that usually there are not 2 colors I like.  Just lucked into the red and navy this time.

Honored Contributor

If it's a style I like, I can usually find a color combination that is acceptable.

Contributor

I prefer the option of choosing colors in pairs and getting a good price for doing so. But there was an offering on a D&C short sleeve top that I bought almost every pair offered. I wish they would bring them back. Th only pairvremaining has a color I don't think I'd use.

Honored Contributor

Only in plain tees and tanks and it's when I pick the combo (not on a shopping channel)

I did do the Skinny tees and while they looked great on tv the blush was really peach!

I did like the dove though..

Pinkdogwood is right about Slinky brand. The pairs are never different sleeve lengths or necklines, just different colors and those are usually pretty but I'm not a tunic wearer and often they're tunics.

I did, however, buy 2 Slinkys at once because they were gorgeous lace peplums! I can't wear either shirt without someone making a comment EVERYWHERE  I go!

Slinky® Brand Lace Peplum Top

I got the pink and the black but this peacock is on clearance! One left in a large...

Honored Contributor

I've purchased a couple 3 packs of Slinky tops before. All solid colors, 3/4 sleeves or long sleeves. Great basics, good deals. I'll probably buy more in the future.