Esteemed Contributor

Re: How likely are you to buy "a set of two" in tops?

@Desertdi wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I never see combinations I like.  They'll have a shirt color I want, then the other one is a color I won't wear!  Or, they'll mix sleeve length or neckline and the shirt sleeve on one is too short!

I've never found a combination I'd buy!  You?

I agree.    I might be inclined to purchase if you could "pick two of your choice"............

I agree with you ... if they let me pick two colors of my choice I would buy them ... right now I do not buy any because The color combinations that they match up are not my cup of tea!!

Honored Contributor

I've done it before, I'll likely do it again.  I have no problem with sets of two.

Respected Contributor

if i find a top i like, i will get it in black and white if possible.

Honored Contributor

Never .......  my go-to color is black, but they always pair it with stark white.   I only wear IVORY, which is more flattering ... never white. 

Honored Contributor

I have bought a set of two a few times.  Sometimes I wish they combined the sets of 2 differently.  I'll see one color I like in one set and another color I like in another set. I wish they would let the customer select which 2 they wanted for the price.  That would be really nice for customers, but probably not easy or cost effective for the Q. 

Trusted Contributor

I will buy if they are both a solid color, the same style, and a reasonable price.  I won't consider when one is striped or a weird print or if one is a neckline that I don't care for.  I hate it when one top is striped and they try to sell by saying that these are the kind of stripes that look good on everyone.  Sorry, but stripes NEVER look good on everyone and they certainly never look good on me.  

Honored Contributor

My problem is that they never had the color combo I'd want. I tend to always buy black and purple. White is just too hard to wear, I have to be sure I have a clean light colored bra to wear under it and white stains so easily. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Frequent Contributor

I would say if it's a set of two basics in colors I like and the price was right, I would do it. 

Too often though one top is great and the other it is paired with is BLAH.  I will not typically buy a set that comes with a tank top because I have enough of those. 

What I don't understand is when a set is offered and one piece will fit according to the size charts but the other piece will either be too big or too small.  For example, a top piece like a jacket or blouse type will fit but the matching tank would be too small.  If I order for the tank to fit me, the top piece will be way too big!  Because of this, I don't order sets from the Q.