Honored Contributor

Re: How important are the reviews to you?

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Reviews rule for me - any item.

I read ONLY the negative reviews as I find them to have an opinion I'm more interested in than the IT WAS GREAT type of review.

@MoonieBaby 

See the source image

Honored Contributor

Depends on the product.

Super Contributor

Reviews are extremely important.  If a negative review is repeated several times you'd better pay attention!  I find them extremely informative and dependable.

Honored Contributor

I do look at reviews and find that I do take them into consideration.  If there are all negative reviews, I probably won't purchase something.  If reviews are not specific, such as -- nice blouse for the money -- or something like that -- I don't pay much heed to that and don't find it helpful.  If there are more good than bad reviews, than I will usually order the item.  No matter how great an item is, there will be people who don't like it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

The reviews are important enough to me to have saved me a LOT of money.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Very! I always look to reviews before I purchase anything online!

Respected Contributor

Very important.  I go with the majority.  If ten people say a top runs small and one says it is true to size I go with the runs small review.  As for skincare I try to find reviews with my kind of skin.  Reviews really affect my buying.

Super Contributor

I've found I am happier with my purchases when I've read the reviews. When I impulsively buy some new product with no reviews posted yet, it doesn't always work out. So, I try not to be worried about whether they may run out of something and wait to see some reviews. If it's a great product, they will bring it back at some point and there is absolutely nothing I have to get immediately.