Esteemed Contributor

Re: How important are the reviews to you?

I read the reviews all the time .... they play an important part in if I order the item or not 😉

Esteemed Contributor

Reviews are very important to me, whether QVC or some other store or website.  I don't trust all reviews 100%, but it helps.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

QVC reviews use to be very important to me. I knew they were from QVC shoppers just like me and found them to be honest and reliable. They really influenced my decision on size, qualtiy and whether or not to purchase. However, now that QVC imports reviews from vendor sites I do not rely on or even read reviews. I do not feel these reviews are honest - often written by people who receive points and free items to try for writing reviews. In addition, some reviews from vendor websites are written by people who just love everthying the brand creates-they have an inherent bias.  I firmly believe QVC should only offer reviews from their customers.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I like some detail in the reviews I read such as why they liked or didn't like said product.

I skip over anything that is too brief. I'll probably forget about the product

Honored Contributor

@ChancesMom wrote:

QVC reviews use to be very important to me. I knew they were from QVC shoppers just like me and found them to be honest and reliable. They really influenced my decision on size, qualtiy and whether or not to purchase. However, now that QVC imports reviews from vendor sites I do not rely on or even read reviews. I do not feel these reviews are honest - often written by people who receive points and free items to try for writing reviews. In addition, some reviews from vendor websites are written by people who just love everthying the brand creates-they have an inherent bias.  I firmly believe QVC should only offer reviews from their customers,

@ChancesMom  - I also don't like the reviews that are imported from the vendor.  I focus on the ones from QVC customers.

I've changed my mind about purchases when reading a lot of negative reviews.

Lately I've reported reviews to QVC to remove when someone is giving a bad review because they've never received the product, etc.  Those should not be included!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

What is the point of, QVC does this, reviewing our reviews if they're going to allow a critique based on nothing?! I recently took the time to write a review on Corkys chicken leg quarters. I was never given the thumbs up on my review so I just checked. The item is out of stock so all of the reviews are gone! When they restock will the reviews come back??

This is where, as somebody pointed out, the proverbial grain of salt comes in.
To be fair I don't know if the policy has changed recently but there was a time when you couldn't post a review to HSN until a certain amount of time had elapsed?! If you returned the item they would not allow you to post a review?!! By the same token if you waited too long they also rejected the review. Personally I would prefer a review based on having the item for at least a month, for example, rather than a week? 

Honored Contributor

I read reviews for new clothing items or brands I’ve never purchased. Even when the site has garment measurements, I hope to get valuable info regarding sizing. Some reviews are helpful, others not so much. I try to read the good, mediocre, & bad reviews. I don’t need reviews on certain clothing items & brands that I purchase frequently.

Frequent Contributor

I do read and write reviews.  I have a big issue with QVC because I can't edit my reviews.  Often I order something, write a review, re-order and/or have it for a while, and I need to add to or even change what I've written.  No way, web site says I have already reviewed this item.  Very frustrating.

Trusted Contributor

I don't buy anything online without reading the reviews.  Like several others, I hone in on the negative reviews to see if they cover anything that applies to me.  Without reading reviews, I think I would have had a lot more returns and I hate having to return something -- even if returns are free!

All that being said, I'm suspicious of all reviews so try to figure out what I think is genuine.  

Honored Contributor

When buying clothing from any site the sizing reviews are all over the place. One review says something runs huge, then literally the next review will say it runs very small. I buy with free shipping and free returns. And I wouldn't buy anything that has bad reviews.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"