Honored Contributor

How important are the reviews to you?

When it comes to clothing, to me, not that much but restaurants and skin care? I definitely pay attention. Fashion is personal and quite subjective, especially if it's a line I frequently purchase. Of course whether an item runs small or large is good to know but most websites now state sizing in the general information; you don't really need to read every single review

A friend of mine always hones in the negative reviews even when the overall rating is 4.5!!

When trying something new I can always come here for feedback on the vendor Woman Wink

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: How important are the reviews to you?

Reviews rule for me - any item.

I read ONLY the negative reviews as I find them to have an opinion I'm more interested in than the IT WAS GREAT type of review.

Valued Contributor

I  do like reading reviews of everything from restaurants to skin care.  

I don't sit and sift through all of them, but I try to find ones that might apply to me.  Take skin care, for example.   I might read 10 glowing reviews, but the 11th one says she has sensitive skin and it made her breakout.  Well, I won't be purchasing since I have sensitive skin.  Or a top gets great reviews, then finally one says if you have a larger bust it doesn't look good.  Then I know not to purchase.  

I just like to browse till I find someone with my taste, figure, skin type etc. so it makes my decision whether or not to purchase easier.

Respected Contributor

@MoonieBaby wrote:

Reviews rule for me - any item.

I read ONLY the negative reviews as I find them to have an opinion I'm more interested in than the IT WAS GREAT type of review.

Me too. 

Valued Contributor

I read the reviews of clothing, especially opinions about the quality of fabrics.  I also like a "heads up" about accuracy of sizing.

Respected Contributor

Very important....I always read them.  I look for things about size/fit and sleeve length.  I LOVE when they put height/weight/hip size and so on and then what size they purchased in the pants or top.  Reviews can be so helpful.  The ones where the person says I love it...looks great on...get it.  Those I just pass by.  I am looking for more information.  

I have decided NOT to buy based on reviews many times....perhaps abit more then the ones that help me to make the purchase.

Honored Contributor

I'd love for the customers to state their size, maybe approx. weight, height and let us know how the size they ordered and received fits on them.

I do pay attention to the customer reviews, especially when they state the above.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Very important.  I don't think I've ever bought an item that didn't have reviews.  And I read the lowest ratings first.  

Honored Contributor

Only place I check reviews is on Amazon when I'm trying to decide between two similar items, and sometimes if I'm debating with myself about a (real) book. 

Kindle I can always download free sample.  But "hard copy" books I usually check the negative reviews  to see why someone didn't like it.  

QVC Clothes?  Never look at reviews, and rarely ever write a review.

Super Contributor

When I look to purchase either candles, shower gel, or perfume, I absolutely hate to see the following words in that particular review: 

It smelled great; nice scent; I bought 20 of them; I bought 2 or 3 for gifts; The scent is so soothing and relaxing. The scent is calming; The scent smells bad; The scent is so-so; It is ok. etc........

I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm purchasing a scent, I want to know WHAT IT SMELLS LIKE. Does it smell like oranges, magnolia flowers, talc, peppermint candy, chocolate candy, or some other smell? If it stinks, does it smell like bug spray, a wet dog, bad food, or whatever else? Maybe there is no smell at all... Just tell what it smells like! Remember that most of us are buying scents without ever having the privilege of smelling the item in the store first. 

It just bugs me to go through several pages of reviews, and I don't have any idea of what kind of scent I'm about to buy. In fact, there are times that I don't take the chance on the item because I might not like the scent. Either I'll have to go take it to the store for a refund, or if it's QVC or HSN, I have to send the item back at my expense.