Honored Contributor

Re: How high a heel do you wear?

My problem with 3 inch heels is that I could not walk well in them. It has nothing to do with pain. I think a good shoe that fits well will not cause pain regardless of heel height. 

Respected Contributor

I've worn flats for the last couple decades.

Respected Contributor

i have a couple pair of 3 1/2"  michael kors that are very comfortable.  it isn't like i wear them every day, but he makes a pretty good shoe.

Honored Contributor

I was born with a club foot and had major surgery as a baby. Had to wear flats my entire life. repeat surgery on the arthritis that came from the previous surgery  plus now, arthritis in the other foot, is currently causing me to have tendonitis. So when people say heels will cause you foot problems in later life I always think - heck, I've never been in heels over 2" in my life and I have foot problems anyway, so for those who can wear them, i am jealous, enjoy them.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@brewhaha wrote:

About two inches. I have a fear of heights.

@brewhaha - You are too funny. You always have the right response at the right time. 

Regular Contributor

Three inches is my limit, with or without a platform.  I'm not going to push it either safety wise or comfort wise by going any higher.

Honored Contributor

Right now I have a 3 inch heel on, and I must say I prefer a 2 inch, I can already tell by the end of the day I will be ready to take these off. Now they are Aerosoles, so they are very comfortable, but when walking and standing I can tell it is too high for me........Will keep them and wear them to places where I will be sitting a lot!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

3" is the maximum but they must be comfort pumps.  I prefer the 2" range.

Honored Contributor

I rarely wear heels because they make my feet hurt. My last job required standing and walking around for 7 hours a day and my current job is in a huge complex where I sometimes have to walk a quarter mile and down 3 flights of stairs to get to a conference room while carrying my laptop. Sore feet would slow me down, so I wear loafers or sneakers most days.

Respected Contributor

I can no longer wear heels more than about an inch and a half. I have some block heel that I find comfortable.

Didn't the expression Kitten heels come from that show "Father knows Best"?  Wasn't the little girl called kitten? I seem to remember that was the beginning of that term. Anyone else remember?