Respected Contributor

Re: How high a heel do you wear?

mostly flats for work and outings. But evening events,weddings,etc involving real dressing up and dancing I wear 3 inches. When I was young I wore 4 inches.

Honored Contributor

I wear athletic shoes, flats, or a wedge.  About 3 inches is my max. 

Respected Contributor

Bad knees so I have to stick to low heels - no more than a few inches.  

Frequent Contributor

When you wear heels are you tolerating pain the entire time or do they not hurt you? I have wondered this for a long time. I can't wear more than 3/4", and that only if I won't be on my feet much.

Respected Contributor

@Katyq wrote:

When you wear heels are you tolerating pain the entire time or do they not hurt you? I have wondered this for a long time. I can't wear more than 3/4", and that only if I won't be on my feet much.

It's the same for me...  only a very low heel feels comfy.  I never really mastered the art of walking comfortably in very high heels.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katyq wrote:

*******I taught 36 years in three inch heels.  My first year in retail, doing styling I killed my saciatic nerve carrying the heavy clothes.  Now I'm at another dept store styling but having been taught by a gemologist, I style with diamonds, gems, and gold.  I can't stand in those high heels any longer, I'm under a doctor's care, and I crossed a threshold.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

no doubt about it heels make a leg look hot!

i can't keep a pump style on, my heel slips out and i've used those inserts.     not a platform fan.  i used to buy a lot of high-heeled sandal, 3". anything higher hurts my ankles.

i have several high heeled boots

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear anything higher than 1 inch.  Heels and I don't get along very well.  

Honored Contributor

For dressy ut they are comfortableoccasions 3" or more if there is a wedge3 or more inches. or platform.  Every day no heels or with casual sandals or boots I have some 3 or more inches but they have to be comfortable.

Honored Contributor

2-2.5 inches is what feels best to me. No skinny heels. 

I do own a pair of wedge sandals that are 3 inches but the platform makes them mod like 2. And I have no worn them yet.