Honored Contributor

How high a heel do you wear?

I'll go higher if the shoe has a platform, but muy heel is never raised more than two and a half inches.  Any higher, and my back gets an uncomfortable arch.  I also have to be aware of my history with severe back pain.

What's your "every day" height. and what do you wear for special occasions?

Trusted Contributor

Re: How high a heel do you wear?

I have always worn 3 inch heels!!  Wore that height to my senior prom and for work and dress for many, many years now..so many I won't even say!!   I think it is the classic height that looks good on everyone!! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

For every day, about an inch; and dressy boots and pumps have up to 2 1/2 inch heels. Like you, @ECBG, if they have a platform, l can go a little higher.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Everyday wear is about 1/2-1", special occasions would be 2" tops, and only for very short period of time. I no longer buy any 2" heeled shoes cause its just nuts to spend money on something I can only wear for such a short amount of time. Prior to back problems I loved my heels.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Most of my shoes and boots have heels from 4-5"with little or no platform. I do have a few lower and of course flats that I wear also. I consider myself to be fortunate to be able to wear them and have no foot problems. I'm also aware that this can change. 

Respected Contributor

I can't go any higher than about 2.5.

Honored Contributor

About two inches. I have a fear of heights.

Respected Contributor

I think the highest special occasion heel in my closet at this moment is 3 inches.  I bought the Isaac wedge boots which are around 2 &3/4.  But my day to day heel is quite a bit lower: 'flats' with about a half inch heel or equestrian boots with one inch.

Anything above 3" seems to cramp my style (I seem to be always running from one place to another).

Esteemed Contributor

My heel heights range from flats (rarely) to 3"-4" heels or wedges (often) to 5" sky high heels (rarely). I love the feeling wearing heels provides me. I have wedge inserts that I put inside my Uggs or similar boots. No foot problems ever. Four years ago I was dressed in high Betsy Johnson heels, walking on gravel in the pitch dark to have dinner at the Awahnee Lodge in Yosemite, carrying a bottle of wine, when I fell. Wine was fine, but it spooked me. When I got home I gave the shoes to a young girlfriend who reported that the first time she wore them, she fell but her BF caught her. She called them Devil Shoes and donated, lol. Pity the person who picked them up for a bargain! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wore three inch heels for years.  Now not so much.  I found some cute kitten heels by Trotters.  The Paulina and Petra with pointy toes and about one and three quarter inch heel.   I have some heels that are three inches but they have a stacked heel.  I just can't do the spike heels.