Honored Contributor

Re: How has the new forum.......

Have been spending less time due to the inconvenience.
Convenient = ease of use= fun= relaxation
Everything seems jumbled and so instead of stumbling onto interesting threads, I just go to a few familiar ones and then fun is done.
This means no "stumbling" onto new products either. What gives?😆
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

I barely spend any time here now. The old forums were MUCH more enjoyable.

Respected Contributor

these topic headings are still too big!

i try i try, but navigation is so slow now, that is most frustrating, every page has to load, then every topic.

i find i go from one forum to the next...bread or toast or student's school decorations....Hostess Twinkies anyone?

VP was sort of a minefield.  Sooo VP and  the other forums had their wild rides...we could bypass the hot button threads.

Frequent Contributor

Re: these topic headings are still too big!

I didn't spend much time on these boards previously and now I spend even less time. This format is cumbersome to navigate. Pictures don't reliably load. Navigation is odd.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Increased Smiley Very Happy but maybe because the weather here is crud dy

Esteemed Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Much less. Maybe cut back by half or more?

I don't go into viewpoints/community chat (and never did) but because that category is now in the main feed I see all the poofing and it disturbs me. Not freedom of speech issues, but because I see it changing the dynamic dynamics of this place that I've enjoyed for a long time. I'm just holding my breath to see what happens when we have the next Linea show and someone says something and someone says something back and it all gets poofed into the cornfield. And, I'm still not clear what is a back and forth, albeit abrasive exchange and what's "jabbing" "unkind" etc. What I find even more disturbing are the sheeple posters praising their executioners--where, oh where is my "ignore user" button? I've never really done this before but I reported a poster who came into a thread similar to this and rudely lectured us in defense of the moderators. Anyone surprised to know that his comments, positive to the Q, are still there? 

Unless you have users such as myself, Sox, Spurt, etc who regularly initiate new posts, this place is going to dry up faster than my lawn in Los Angeles.

Gardens, I'm noticing it, too ... I never thought the creation of a new board would impact this one as much as it has.  The back and forth stuff is really changing the dynamics of this place.     I'm all for joining and/or posting wherever and whatever  you want (within reason).   Don't understand why it has to be "them versus us." 

Maybe your last paragraph will be prophetic ...

Trusted Contributor

It hasn't affected me greatly. I spend about the same amount of time, I suppose. I go through periods where I am on  here daily and periods where I am not on here for weeks. Change always takes a little getting used to, but for the most part I am not bothered by the changes in the forum. 

Valued Contributor

I am getting used to the new forum and I like it.  It is just different and some of it takes a little getting used to. I probably spend as much or more time on the new forum as I did the old.  

The only thing I need to figure out is my posting history and comments made on my comments. I can't find them???

I think weeding out the nasty posts is a positive thing in my opinion.  I am by no means a goody two shoes, but it does get old with all the mean nasty things said about not only the hosts, but about me when I post and others when they choose a subject that some of the others don't like.  I think any subject within limits of course is fine as long as it brings up stimulating conversation.

Valued Contributor

I am getting used to the new forum and I like it.  It is just different and some of it takes a little getting used to. I probably spend as much or more time on the new forum as I did the old.  

The only thing I need to figure out is my posting history and comments made on my comments. I can't find them??? No sooner than I got off of this post, I found all my old posts.  Will wonders never cease???

I think weeding out the nasty posts is a positive thing in my opinion.  I am by no means a goody two shoes, but it does get old with all the mean nasty things said about not only the hosts, but about me when I post and others when they choose a subject that some of the others don't like.  I think any subject within limits of course is fine as long as it brings up stimulating conversation.

Honored Contributor

You took the words right out of my mouth. It is jumbled and i'm stumbling. There's no ease of use, it is unfriendly and not relaxing. This format is not as enjoyable as the previous format. I am glad that the offensive and very mean-spirited posts are proofed, however.