Esteemed Contributor

Re: How fashion observant are you?

I notice if someone looks good or not. Not particarly observant of the details of others clothing....especially purses,very ho hum.

I think the older you get the less you're noticed. But that doesn't mean an older person shouldn't try to look their best.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

That is odd.  Usually women who care about fashion and put thought into what they wear and how they style themselves; notice what other women are wearing.  I just described myself.  I was born a fashionista, I plan my outfits even if I'm just running out to the post office and I am keen observer of what other women are wearing.  I get some great ideas from other women.

Trusted Contributor

I am like many of the posters here that tend not to notice the "average" looking person, but those who look particularly good or bad are memorable.  I tend to put thought and effort into how I dress, so it's kind-of funny to realize that a high percentage of people probably wouldn't even notice, lol.

On a side-note...part of me would like to see more of what other women are wearing but for one thing...  I remember when I was a teenager and how rude certain girls would be at school.  They would stop and be very obvious about slowly looking me over, up and down, and then the expression on their faces, or comments they would make, would let me know if I was beneath them or not.  I found it  hurtful to be treated like that.  So as an adult I never look a person "up-and-down" as if I am passing judgment on them.  My eyes rarely stray from somebody's face.   It's become part of my nature.

Honored Contributor

I am one of those people that remember a lot esp.clothing. So I probably would remember what many wore. My first clear memory of myself is riding my trike around the back porch and wearing a yellow dress. I must have been 3 years old.

Honored Contributor

Very and I have a keen eye for color, I can tell if a man is wearing a suit or a jacket and pants that he thinks match

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I am very observant and have a great memory.  

Right now I am quizzing myself on which co-worker wore what outfit during the past week.

UNLESS information!

However it is a huge asset when I have to remember the name of the plumber someone told us about at a party last year.

I can also tell you the name of every paint color in our house (all 15 colors) from when we had the house painted 10 years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I am extremely fashion conscious so I notice what everyone is wearing.

Esteemed Contributor

Very observant.  I tend to remember the outfits that I like (in real life or in print) and try to emulate or interpret them in my own way.  I love fashion and notice all the details.  I try to forget the outfits that, to my eye, are ridiculous, inappropriate and/or ill-fitting.  I'm the stranger in the grocery store who will compliment you on your outfit!  Smiley Very Happy

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

I would notice.....

Honored Contributor

I'm not the most observant person.  For example, when at social events, I couldn't tell you the types of shoes the other women are/were wearing.  Even if they are outstanding shoes.

Others I know are 'shoe people'.  They can spot a nice pair of shoes from a significant distance. 

I do give compliments re: jewelry, and certain dresses, etc.  But not shoes, for whatever reason.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).