Honored Contributor

How fashion observant are you?

I put a good deal of thought into choosing my outfit for a meeting today. It wasn't a fussy meeting or a particularly important one, but I knew I'd be seeing women I hadn't seen in a while and probably wouldn't see again soon.  Of course I wanted to look my best.  It occurs to me this evening, that even if offered a million dollars, I couldn't tell you what any of the others were wearing.  I'm thinking this is kind of weird.  Do most people notice all the details? 

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Re: How fashion observant are you?

I think I'm pretty observant.  

Valued Contributor

I believe that you looked fabulous. When you choose carefully you carry yourself with confidence and it shows.

I would have noticed your direct eye contact and your smile.

I do not notice what others wear unless it is out of character.  I do not think it is wierd, it is Hollywood or the cliques to notice.

I however, am on the sad side.  I find comfortable clothes and buy different colors.

I often refer to Jeff Goldblums closet in the "FLY" as being a preference.  I was happiest when I wore a uniform of some type.

I too, rely on my eye contact and my smile.

Respected Contributor

I usually do and not to pass judgement on them, just observing. 

Honored Contributor

I generally don't notice unless someone is dressed inappropriately for the occasion.   

Respected Contributor

I am a people watcher and i definitely notice what people are wearing. Good and bad. I'll notice interesting shoes, purses and jewelry.

I also notice cute dogs on leashes with people   Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I notice what other people wear but I probably don't remember what they wore unless they wore something that stood out for the wrong reason like obvious cleavage or something like that.

I do dress for other women though as it sounds like you do. I grew up in a household of girls and a mom so I have always dressed for other girls and women and not boys or men.

Respected Contributor

I don't pay attention to what others wear but do notice a nice smile & a pleasant attitude, that's what I remember about a person.

Honored Contributor

@house_cat  It is obvious that they did not have on anything special to be noticed or you just don't take notice of others.  I always checked out what other women were wearing when I was working.  I'll never forget when the office manager had on a white sweater with a push up bra underneath that was quite visible.  I thought it was in poor taste on her part to wear something like that to work.  It made her look cheap.  I have always loved fashion and would compliment women if I liked something they were wearing.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@house_catI'm sure you looked lovely because you always put your entire heart and soul into what you're doing.  

It seems to me that who a person is shines through their eyes and that, to me, is the first thing I always notice.  Then I will notice colors and color combinations being highly visual.