Honored Contributor

Re: How fashion observant are you?

What causes me to look and notice:

*Body parts hanging out

* Way too tight

*Doesn't fit right/not well tailored (could be too tight, too big or just not fitting the person as it should)

*Dirty/smelly

*Gorgeous outfit/suit and accessories plus good grooming all in one package.

Honored Contributor

@TWwrote:

Wow,  I think this is one of the reasons women still hit a glass ceiling.  Do you think guys care about an outfit some other guy wears in a meeting? 

I didn't realize that this thread was only about observing women; I didn't get that impression from the OP's post.

My reply, and I would bet most of them in this thread,, applies to men and women. I always wonder why people jump on the "sexist/racist" wagon; is that where their mind automatically goes? Kinda sad, if you ask me, when it does as it's making a HUGE assumption.

Super Contributor

Not sexist at all.  Just a fact having worked in a male dominated field for many years I know that men think different than women and outfits are the last thing on their minds.  I also love the fact that women are finally starting to assert themselves and are no longer willing to put up with ****** to get ahead.  About time.  BTW, the thing I cared about most was equal pay which is still just a dream.