Honored Contributor

Re: How does the "Volume Trend" look on you?

product image

Main Product Image

Respected Contributor

i might wear the top and the pants look nice, but i'd never wear them.

Respected Contributor

I really like the dress on the left, but I doubt it would look good on me. I have an athletic build and any volume seems to be a minus for me. For some reason, I look best in clean streamlined clothing. I can do one LOGO type top over a skinny jean or leggings, but that's it. I look better in a talbots style article of clothing, but I don't think anyone makes one for "non-preppy" types, in a reasonable price range. Lands end makes some good dupes, but they are only dupes IMO ,and not in a classs by themselves.

Respected Contributor

@namealreadytaken wrote:

Main Product Image

I love anything with an interesting collar so this coat is a winner for me.  My coloring is very similar to the model pictured and while I think the purple is beautiful, I'd love it even more in a slightly more flattering color for dark olive skin.  I'm 5' 7" and don't worry too much about being overwhelmed by volume styles.

Honored Contributor

I like the dress and the coat.  I like the vest too except for the belt.  I have always liked what you refer to as the "volume trend" even before it was a trend.

(And no, I don't use it to cover fat as many of the LOGO naysayers will claim.)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Volume does not look good on me. I need more of a fitted look, otherwise I look big and sloppy. NOT saying that others cannot look good in voluminous apparel, just speaking for myself.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not crazy about layering. I prefer a camisole with a top like a Nygard top with a sharkbite hem.

i saw a G.I.L.I jacket on QVC yesterday which looked awful, it looked like a shroud when worn closed.

A271320

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one shirt that I would consider the volume look.  It was a scoop neck tank one piece with the hanging front .  Loved the color, the softness of the shirt but when I saw a picture of myself wearing it I quickly changed my mind,  I'm a small size  so why am I adding all this "weight" to my appearance.  From now On that shirt will be worn around the house as an after workout top.

Esteemed Contributor

I never buy volume. For instance, Halston. He really has unbelievable volume. On a short, small person, it's ridiculous.