Honored Contributor

How does the "Volume Trend" look on you?

Bryn Walker at Dillards has beautiful fabrics and an upscale of the volume trend we see here. (below)

Have you tried these styles on?  How do you find these cuts fit?  Do the fabrics fall away?  

I have an average figure and if I try these items on, I look like I'm swimming so I really have to go down.  I also remember What Not To Wear:  a lot of fabric adds weight.  I wouldn't have a problem with that vest, although I'd add my own black or red leather belt.

Honored Contributor

Re: How does the "Volume Trend" look on you?

I don't understand the question.  The three styles you gave us are totally different in every way imagineable.  They only thing they have in common is that they aren't a close to the body fit.  I would not call any of them voluminous.  Whether or not fuller, volume stylew work for a woman depends on the item, the fabric, the cut, the design and most important of all,,,,the woman's body. 

Honored Contributor

It's freezing cold in PHX.......I would be wearing all 3 at the same time.  Ya know......"layering" (!!)     

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

It's freezing cold in PHX.......I would be wearing all 3 at the same time.  Ya know......"layering" (!!)     

Hi, @Desertdi - my sis lives in your area.  I noticed it's in the 40's right now where you are.  It's still 20 degrees colder here on the Eastern Seaboard.  

Back to the original topic:  I like "weight" in fabric and design if it enhances the overall proportion of the "look".  And I love voluminous, flowy fabrics for the right occasion - great for dramatic effect.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

Hi, @Desertdi - my sis lives in your area.  I noticed it's in the 40's right now where you are.  It's still 20 degrees colder here on the Eastern Seaboard.  

Back to the original topic:  I like "weight" in fabric and design if it enhances the overall proportion of the "look".  And I love voluminous, flowy fabrics for the right occasion - great for dramatic effect.

@Sweetbay magnolia   I'm with you on fabric and design........and I like "give" in my clothing.    Do not like the "form fitting" styles (which also can be a horror story when it's 110.)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I don't like the 3 items you posted. I am not a fan of asymmetry in the dress and the other 2 pieces just look sloppy to me. Sizing down can help the garment look not so voluminous. I do that sometimes in a top that is purposely cut bigger, but then I prefer a more tailored look anyway. One example of volume I wear would be a slightly looser top over a slim pant or skirt. I also own a fit and flare dress that accentuates my small waist and has more volume In the skirt. Adding volume is just not my favorite fashion style. 

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't wear ANY of them. The asymetrical hem is so overdone, the middle piece is boxy with a collar that's too big, and the coat has no shape to it.

Super Contributor

Sorry, don't like any of them.  I lost weight and don't want to hide any longer Smiley Happy. It's more motivating to wear fitted clothes   

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

I have tried on a few Bryn Walker at Dillard's.  Agree the fabrics are beautiful and all the items I've handled are substantial and well-made.  A bit pricey. 

Yes, for me, the items have all (literally) been voluminous.  I like a little ease around my waist and hips, but this brand is one of the ones I would call ridiculous.  Going down a size didn't help me.  Ridiculously voluminous...and some have been ridiculously long and I'm tall.  I don't even look at this brand anymore.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Main Product Image

This anorak by Bryn Walker is very attractive in situ.  Beautiful purplish/prune color.  

I have to be careful as I am only 5-5 on a good day about wearing these items that make me appear shorter but this is very attractive.

I purchased a pair of wide leg M made in Italy slacks and a top of silk for Christmas.  They are in the same genre of Bryn Walker and very few are suited to my age group but the pants and top I bought were perfect for a Christmas dinner on a cold, rainy night.