Honored Contributor

Re: How does fit and flair look on large petite women?

I think this style is most attractive on tall, slender women.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

IMO, because the widest part of the fit and flare top hits right at the hips, it's not a good look for women who are hippy.  It doesn't hide the hips, it accentuates them.  However, it might be good for anyone who has a large tummy, smaller hips.   

Honored Contributor

Doesn't look good on Carolyn or Jane.

Kirsten and Jennifer Coffey maybe.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have two of the fit and flare tops already that have the lace sleeves and I personally love them on myself.  I am tall and they hide the hips on me.  So I went ahead and ordered the green in these tops since I liked the other two so well even though these do not have the lace sleeves.

I love the Susan Graver U shaped peplum tops also and they remind me a lot of the two I bought from her also.

If they do not turn out to look that good on me then back they go; time will tell and I will post and let all know how they are.

I also bough two pairs of the Denim and Co. lunchtime special pants in the summer green and the lilac color.  I cannot get over what  a good buy they are! 

Contributor

I bought two tops years ago in 2x and I thought I would look bigger but they were flattering. I am currently a XL  but I still wear the shirts around the house. Oh I am 5'2" .

Esteemed Contributor

@Petite one I am short and hippy, and thought the ease around the hips would be flattering.  It is not!  Same as Susan Graver U shaped peplum.  that u around the back makes me look wider.  Maybe if your hips are narrow it will look good.  But me, made me look wider.  I donated.

Honored Contributor

Fit and flare on your frame usually does best with a little more width than an A style.

Respected Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

IMO, because the widest part of the fit and flare top hits right at the hips, it's not a good look for women who are hippy.  It doesn't hide the hips, it accentuates them.  However, it might be good for anyone who has a large tummy, smaller hips.   

Yes! Anything that flares out over the hips on a woman that carries her weight in her hips and thighs is NOT hiding the hips. It makes them appear larger. I avoid this style at al costs.

Respected Contributor

Oh that’s a good idea - I need to donate mine. The fabric and prints are good - mine are all D&Co. I didn’t even know I had muffin top until I put these on. Not good on me at all plus I’m kickin myself for being so lazy and not returning. Never wore them. 

Valued Contributor

I don't think it looks good at all. I saw Rachael wearing a LG fit and flare and even she looked fatter and unattractive and she is tall and slim!