Esteemed Contributor

Re: How does anyone buy shoes from QVC?

I thought about buying a pair of boots once from Q.  But then I thought about my experiences with sizing on Q clothing purchases...uh, no thanks! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

Shoes are about the only thing I can order online and not have to worry about the fit, oddly enough. I wear a size 6, my foot is not wide or too narrow. I only order leather and watch the heel size. If it's not a brand I know (which I know most as I'm a shoe addict) I will always check reviews. If there are any issues with size consistency, I don't order. 

Valued Contributor

I think this is an excellent question.  When buying footwear from QVC, I have to guess what size will fit me.  Sometimes I guess right, sometimes not.    Recently, I was considering  purchasing boots, on-line, directly from a manufacturer. I was confused by the reviews (some said it ran small, some said it ran large) so I contacted their customer service.  They had me measure my feet (width and length) and send pictures of me stepping on a ruler to show the widest part of my foot and placing it next to my foot for measuring length.  They told me what size to order.  I do not believe QVC would do this; however, it made me realize I would like to see information on the actual measurements of the foot bed as well as an outline of the shape. I would like to know the calf circumference of boots.   Considering the cost of shipping, I think we need as much information as possible, not just a size number,  before we order.  

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Trusted Contributor

@Tee4u wrote:

I have ordered wide shoes from catalogs and now on-line for most of my life.  Most shoes in stores don't fit me-except SAS (San Antonio shoes). I was tempted to order the MF TSV, but 11 or 12 $ for shipping- too risky!  Most online stores offer free shipping if your order is $ 75 these days....  The price seems reasonable for the boot if it included shipping charges and returns.

I adore SAS shoes, in fact, SAS are the only shoes that I wear!  Because my feet are narrow, I have never purchased shoes online... and QVC tends to not carry narrows.

Honored Contributor

I have TERRIBLE trouble with ALL shoe aizes whether online or even trying them on in stores, SO I bought the largest size I ever wear, and I'll wear extra socks with them if they turn out to be too loose. 

I wear anything from 8 1/2W- 10M so I NEVER count on footwear to fit. That's what happens when you have Daisy Duck feet!

Honored Contributor

I tend to be a true size 7M until I bought a couple pairs of skechers that my feet swam in.  I bought them here at the Q and was griped that I had to return them.  I blame skechers for this, not qvc.  I don't understand what happened with these couple of styles from skechers.

Having said this, I tend to buy from online sites that offer FREE s/h BOTH ways.  Yeah, it's still somewhat a hassle to have to box them up and take them back to my post office but it's FREE so it's not that much of a hassle.  The sites I buy from (not the Q) also tend to offer the same shoes that I really like/want here at the Q but for less money and no s/h each way.  Can't beat that with a stick!

Esteemed Contributor

I promised myself I would not buy shoes anymore. Even in the same line, the sizing is different. I tried again and failed badly. Nothing extraordinary about my foot: size 8, Med. width. I wanted a pair of Clark's & ordered "true to size." The 8 was too big. I returned for a 7-1/2, and the 7-1/2 did not fit. I just threw $20. out the window for nothing.. I won't do shoes anymore, except an athletic pair of Ryka's that I know fit. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1  So true - I feel your pain - right in the ole pocketbook!

Honored Contributor

I don't buy shoes online from any retailer anymore. It just doesn't work for me. Even though I am the same size and width in most brands the look or fit just seems to be difficult for me. I try on lots of shoes before I find one I will buy. I have tried on a shoe in a store and then ordered a color not in stock in the store. Now that works!

Honored Contributor

I don't understand buying shoes without trying them on either.