Frequent Contributor

How does Susan G. compare to Ch!cos Traveler line?

I've never worn anything from the Susan Graver line, but today was the first time I bought anything in Chicos, and it was from their "travelers" line of clothing. It suits my needs, and then I remembered all the Susan Graver presentations where she said how good her clothes were for traveling, and it made me wonder if these two lines were similar. If so, I think there are a lot more styles available for Susan Graver and I would be willing to give them a try. Has anyone worn these two lines of clothing and would share their opinions with me? TIA

Contributor

Re: How does Susan G. compare to Ch!cos Traveler line?

They are different knits. Susan Graver's liquid knit would be the along the same line as far as knits for travelling. I own many pieces of Travelers and love it for business meetings, etc. But I like Susan's too.

Super Contributor

Fabric content is different. Travelers is acetate/spandex. Susan doesn't use that fabric. She has various poly and poly blend fabrics.

Travelers fabric has a slight sheen and a rib finish. Again - Susan's fabrics have different finishes.

Frequent Contributor

What was citinits?
Super Contributor

On 9/13/2014 MaryV said: What was citinits?

The original Citiknits was acetate spandex combo.

Respected Contributor

I was just about to post this same question. I practically live in Chico's Travelers and was curious about Susan's line. I have never tried Susan's line but am tempted. Have you found that Susan's line holds up well over time?

Honored Contributor

I have only tried liquid knit once. A turtleneck top, it came out of the dryer tremendously wrinkled. It was thin and way too much poly for comfort for me. I wore it for sleeping maybe once and then tossed it.

Wondering if I did something wrong in the washing process. Also, the turtleneck part was so "flimsy" that it did not lay properly. This was a long time ago... maybe its better now?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Regular Contributor

I have quite a lot of Susan Graver and like most of them -- also love Chicos travelers -- however I find that Chicos have very little choice in colors -- in the old days when I first went there I bought light blue and purple slacks and also maroon -- now it seems all they have is black and brown. Also most of their cloths are for smaller people.

Have never bought SG pants so don' tknow how they would fit.

Frequent Contributor

Today is a good day to try Chico's...35% off!