Respected Contributor

Re: How do you wash your delicates

I have a separate hamper for my delicates. I wash them on the delicate cycle with an extra rinse cycle. I always hang my bras to air dry, but put most of the others in the dryer on the low heat setting. 

Respected Contributor

It  kind of depends on the age of the garment , especially bras ( ageism ?) The old ones go in with the usual load and I hang them dry usually. Same with usual underpants except my everyday white cotton granny panties I dry on the lowest setting. My Rhonda Sheer & wannabes I dry in the dryer and they stay the same as she claims.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
Delicately.

@Pearlee 

Love this answer! 🤣 LOL!

I put my bras in a lingerie bag on delicate cycle warm water & hang to dry. The only other items I don’t put in the dryer are sweaters which I lay flat to dry. 

I wash most of our clothes on delicate, either warm or cold water, depending on the items & soil, and use extra low or low heat on my dryer. 

Trusted Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@I am still oxox    I wash mine in a mesh bag in cold water on the delicate/hand wash cycle.  I hang dry them.  

Same here.

Esteemed Contributor

My theory is that they are remarkably dirty from your body whatnots.  Into the washer in bags on warm with them.  Air dry.

Esteemed Contributor

Panties have always gone into the washer with everything else on a warm cycle. Then hang to dry. But for years I hand washed all bras. I hated the way they got dingy looking with age. Finally, I started throwing them into the washer in a mesh bag, gentle cycle, and voila! No more dingies. Still hang to dry. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

My bras always go into bra bags packed tight and into the washer to wash on delicate.  I don't want the wire to bend or break.  Panties are just thrown into the washer.  I never put my delicates in the dryer.

If I have a delicate sweater or something lacy to wash, I slip it into a white pillowcase and use a rubber band to secure the opening.

I really don't use my dryer for most of my clothing.  It wears the clothing out, shrinks and  causes pills.  Most of my things are 100% cotton.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wash my delicates by hand and hang them to dry.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Usually by hand, hang to dry

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

Like many people....no longer care to hand wash.  Throw in the machine.  Not the dryer.  Presto....it's dry the next day. Even in humid days.  Even the little footies get tossed in to the wash.  I don't have the patience or the time to hand wash.