Honored Contributor

How do you wash your delicates

[ Edited ]

I have gotten so lazy that I am just tossing them in with my wash and not putting them in a MESH (not Mess lol)  bag as I should. Althought I do not put them in the dryer.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: How do you wash your delicates

If I have a bunch of delicate items. I put the washer on the delicate cycle. If it is just one item it goes in with the rest of the wash and I wish it Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

I do mine on delicate and dry in the dryer on a very low heat cycle.  Never have any problems.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

always in a mesh bag. regular cycle wash and dry. never encountered any problems yet. 

Respected Contributor

I've never done anything other than wash and dry them normally in the washer/dryer.  No lingerie bag either.    Just how delicate are those delicates, anyway?  Man Happy

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

I've never done anything other than wash and dry them normally in the washer/dryer.  No lingerie bag either.    Just how delicate are those delicates, anyway?  Man Happy

Me neither. It all goes in with the regular wash and into the dryer. No special treatment.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Short wash, no dryer.

Or, if I'm too lazy to do the regular wash and do the up and down all of the stairs thing, I wash by hand in a plastic bowl/bin, and drip dry, over the tub on a rod.

Also, as I've mentioned somewhere before, I have set aside one small-ish salad spinner that I only use to dry small, delicate items.  Speeds up drying time.  

Then fully dry on hangers on a wooden drying rack in a sunny room, in front of the window.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I hand wash them.   When I take them off - I wash them and hang them in shower to dry.  Takes a couple of minutes.  

I don't put anything delicate in the hamper or in the washing machine.

Honored Contributor

Delicate cycle,no dryer.

Respected Contributor

Washer on regular cycle with warm water....usually with towels/sheets. No mesh bag.  I hang them on a rack in my spare room to dry....the dryer is hard on those fabrics.