Super Contributor

How do you remove wrinkles from LOGO french terry?

I bought a LOGO french terry top that was wrinkled when I took it out of the packaging.  I washed it and put it on low heat in the dryer, but the wrinkles are still there.  I wet it again and this time I put it on the "steam" cycle in the dryer, hoping that would remove the wrinkles, but it didn't.  I'm afraid to iron it because I don't want to leave iron marks or leave the fabric shiny. 

Can anyone tell me the best way to remove wrinkles from this fabric?

Thank you for any suggestions.

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you remove wrinkles from LOGO french terry?

You can turn it inside out to iron the top if you are concerned about ironmarks on the outside.  Just don't let the iron sit on the fabric.  Keep it moving.

Super Contributor

I put my garment on a hanger.  Hung it on my shower curtain rod and steamed it with my Joy Mangano steamer and  the wrinkles just fell out. I'm sure any kind of steamer would work. Hope this helps.

Mint

Respected Contributor

@lavenderfields. I always only dry mine for 10 minutes on delicate, then hang to finish drying.  I've never had a problem with wrinkles or pilling.

Valued Contributor

that is why I don't like Logo's french terry, always wrinkles, i know only buy 95/ 5 or model, no wrinkles.  who these days steams or irons.

I believe lori does the cotton slub because people were complaining of price, for a few bucks more, forget the cotton slub, it always looks' worn beyond years after you wear it once and wash it for the first time

Honored Contributor

With all that work, I would return it as defective.  If you have a good steam iron, iron the inside and see what happens.   Sounds like cheap fabric.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

that is why I don't like Logo's french terry, always wrinkles, i know only buy 95/ 5 or model, no wrinkles.  who these days steams or irons.

I believe lori does the cotton slub because people were complaining of price, for a few bucks more, forget the cotton slub, it always looks' worn beyond years after you wear it once and wash it for the first time

@tropics21  None of my LOGO french terry ever wrinkles.  I wash it, hang to dry - no wrinkles - ever.   Are you sure you don't mean her rayon spandex?  That does wrinkle.

Esteemed Contributor

@lavenderfields

Hang it inside out on a padded hanger and steam it with a garment steamer.

Shower steam won't do the job and heaven forbid you lay an iron on that!

Honored Contributor

You could also use a moist press cloth.  When DH gets rid of a white shirt, I cut the back out and use it for a press cloth!  Old sheets too!