Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about fringe/tassels on clothing & accessories ?

I don't mind a tassel on a scarf, but I'm not really doing fringe.  I wanted a leather wristlet and found the perfect size-it was in Coach but it had fringe.  I'll use it a long time and I don't want it "dated".

Respected Contributor

uh uh...envokes immediate memories of old westerns...just not my taste. 

Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

uh uh...evokes immediate memories of old westerns...just not my taste. 

Honored Contributor

I will add to my previous post that I am considering a handmade deerskin vest as my Christmas present/goodie for me although I don't normally wear fringe, this will be an exception!

The vest on the right in black.  Vickie is a dear friend and an amazing artist.

She also does these bags if you like unique items!  (Six or so colors , many styles!)!  The vests also come in this color.  Vickie Love Designs.

Respected Contributor

Fringe is OK with me depending on what kind of fringe it is, some tend to get too messy looking. Not really a tassel person - maybe on certain shirts maybe to close the neckline, that's about it - you know maybe like a peasant type top or something...

-Texas Hill Country-
Esteemed Contributor

I love fringe. I guess I'm an old hippie with the heart of a stripper LOL

Yellow Box® Maiden Suede Clog with Fringe - 8175997 | HSN

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@muttmom The tassel on those shoes is about 1  " long and solid, not fringed - hardly comparable to the ones we see on purses that are about 10" now is it.

Honestly, just about anything to try to start a fight, eh? What grade are you in 6th, 7th? I can't believe you went back through my history and read through probably hundreds of posts, just to find that.IMO there has to be something wrong with someone who would do that.Seriously!

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@muttmom The tassel on those shoes is about 1  " long and solid, not fringed - hardly comparable to the ones we see on purses that are about 10" now is it.

Honestly, just about anything to try to start a fight, eh? What grade are you in 6th, 7th? I can't believe you went back through my history and read through probably hundreds of posts, just to find that.IMO there has to be something wrong with someone who would do that.Seriously!

@151949

Where was I starting a fight?  I thought it was ironic that you'd post about not liking tassels. You've posted about those Clarks' tassel loafer numerous times.   I have better things to do than sift through your posts under your numerous names. I did not have to go back through hundreds of your posts. I happen to have a very good memory.

For what it's worth, one of your threads is on the main shoe page.  Remember the one where you insulted a poster because she'd never heard of weegans?

6th or 7th grade?

Honored Contributor

I don't mind a tassel on handbags or shoes but the recent things coming out for fall have fringe and tassels that are way overdone. Less is more for me.

Honored Contributor

I have 3 fringe pieces. A pair of ankle boots a kimono style wrap and a duster vest. I probably won't do anymore but I never say never.

The tassels I'm not really into