Respected Contributor

Re: How do you feel about fringe/tassels on clothing & accessories ?

I decorate with these items, but I don't want to wear it. 

Respected Contributor

I like the tassels on handbags.  I don't like fringe at all in anything.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like them on everything except handbags and shoes!  Actually, I want my handbags and shoes absoutely plain w/o any "decoration" whatsoever.  

My clothes ... anything goes - that's why shoes and bags and plain.

'

ETA:  I'm going to a gathering later and will be wearing a sleeveless semi-shear b/w print top today ... abstract print ... high neckline (sort of mock turtle height) ... with a long fringe jabot.  (along with Chico's travelers pants and jacket - event location is airconditioned and always cold).

Honored Contributor

Personally I don't care for it, but if others like it, I'm fine with that. Some items look cute, but it would bother me to have fringe/tassels dangling off my clothing/bag.
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

It depends.  On accessories like shoes or handbags, I like a leather tassel accent just not all over.  I don't care for it on clothing at all.

Respected Contributor

I like fringe and tassels on clothing and accessories.  I wouldn't wear fringe on everything all at once, but a piece that is embellished here and there appeals to me.  I am not a staid, buttoned-up Brooks Bros. type nor am I a stripper, so I guess that makes me a hippie!  Woman LOL

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

I have fringe on a suede jacket or two.  Doesn't bother me as I'm Native American.  I have some on some boots as well.  I am told they are very becoming on me.  Guess you have to have the right look to wear it. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

I prefer to not have this particular type of trim esp. on purses. I like a cleaner look. I'll remove tassels if that is an option , otherwise I will not buy if the tassel or fringe is not removable, no matter how much I like other aspects of the piece.

You've started  more than 1 thread about Clark's Tassel loafers and how much you like them.

One of the threads dealt with the tassel falling off past the 30 day return limit.

Respected Contributor

It depends on the item, how you style it and the look you are going for.  I bought a hot pink maxi from Evine.  Sleevless with fringe on the skirt and hem.   I plan to wear it to a baby shower with flat gold sandals,  big gold hoop earrings and a gold bag.   The outfit will be bright and shiny so I'll go with a slicked back ponytail and barely there makeup.  It's not a dress I would wear to work or church but I could also wear it to a BBQ with white tennis shoes or flip flops.  I like have a few fun pieces in my wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

I like some fringe & tassels but don't own anything that has either. 

I'd like to get a couple subtly done pieces but haven't found what I want yet.

On shoes & purses tassels tend to curl at the end after a while and that completely ruins the item for me. Most/maybe all of the fringe I have seen on shoes looks badly done. A little fringe trim on a purse might be fine. 

I like a little fringe on certain dusters, cardigans, or suede jackets - but it is so easy for it to be over-the-top and finding the right look is not easy. 

Also, a little fringe goes a very long way. One item with fringe per outfit is the most I can imagine working well. More than that tends to look like the person is going to a western-themed costume party... lol