Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about fringe/tassels on clothing & accessories ?

@MacDUFF wrote:

@willdob3

Hey will...I'm not a fan of fringe, but I like the blue and think your idea for styling it casually is spot on.  Does it have some sort of striations...or is it sheer?  I can't tell.

@MacDUFF - 

Thanks; I did order it!

It isn't sheer. The fabric is a cotton/model knit & it is described as having a watercolor effect with gray/blue hues due to the wash. I hope it is as nice as it looks. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3

I love a watercolor effect...I hope you love it and feel great wearing it!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

A little goes a very, very long way.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I 'kind of' like a bit of fringe, although I don't have any fringed items right now.  Recently ran across cute fringed tops (on tv) on Ev*ne or H*N.   Maybe I'll 'look around', and give them a try. (I recall wearing fringed suede vests in the eighties? or late seventies?.)  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@willdob3
Indigo thread has some nice stuff, I have a few pieces, probably more than a few lol. I have a couple of their duster vests and I love them.
Actually the last thing I picked up was a plaid wrap with fringe!
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@willdob3
Indigo thread has some nice stuff, I have a few pieces, probably more than a few lol. I have a couple of their duster vests and I love them.
Actually the last thing I picked up was a plaid wrap with fringe!

@Andreatoo

I only have one other piece by Indigo Threads Co. I like the look of the kind a lot.

I have actually been looking at plaid wraps with fringe, too. I am thinking of getting one for a relative who uses wraps a lot.

I can hardly believe this but my vest shipped during the night! I hope it gets here quickly instead of taking the scenic route. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

727-961- Indigo Thread Co.™ Knit Rounded Hem Fringe Trimmed Open Front Vest 

727-961- Indigo Thread Co.™ Knit Rounded Hem Fringe Trimmed Open Front Vest

My vest arrived and I think I will like it. It washed up beautifully. But, to my eyes, it is a dark gray. No matter how long or closely I look at it, there is no sign of slate blue in it. I think I'll probably wear it with black jeans & a black long-sleeved t-shirt.   

Honored Contributor

@willdob3
I hate when that happens! I've had that color experience with a few different web sites. I think that is what makes the shopping channels appealing because you're more likely to get what you see color-wise. But buying live and in person is really the only guarantee when it comes to getting the color you want