Respected Contributor

Re: How do you feel about fringe/tassels on clothing & accessories ?

orYANY Pebble Leather Pouch- Alea - A281092

Love the tassel on this Oryany pouch. 

I usually carry these when I go out at night and don't need a huge bag

Esteemed Contributor

I'm ok with tassels as purse charms as long as they fit the size of the bag. Fringe on handbags is OK too. Fringe on clothes begins to look too much like "Sonny & Cher" costumes if you aren't careful.

Esteemed Contributor

I had to buy a fringy purse this year as soon as I saw that they were popular.....I had one back in the 60's that I loved.....LOL

Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2

Was it the sleeveless v-neck that looked almost like a wrap with a fringe at the edge of the wrap towards the bottom and on the bottom? Came in a few other colors? I was watching some DVR shows today and I saw that one. it was cute.

They had another pink one that was almost like a halter with a high neck but the fringe was actually the bib front. Also very cute

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Chrystaltree2

Was it the sleeveless v-neck that looked almost like a wrap with a fringe at the edge of the wrap towards the bottom and on the bottom? Came in a few other colors? I was watching some DVR shows today and I saw that one. it was cute.

They had another pink one that was almost like a halter with a high neck but the fringe was actually the bib front. Also very cute

The one with the crossover v neckline.  It's so cute and a littlittle sassy.  Great fit, great fabric.  

Honored Contributor

@Chrystaltree2

yes it is cute!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't want fringe or tassels on my clothes. If it is minimal and subtle then it is ok on purses. I wore penny loafers with tassels back in the day. I also own a fringe throw blanket, but washing it ruined it. The fringe got all tangled and matted. I can't imagine how you would wash a piece of clothing with fringe. I guess you dry clean? 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy them. Fringes come and go on handbags, and looks like they're going now. Jill Martin has said that they will be around forever, as they're getting rid of all that long, long hanging fringe on their bags.. GILI went overboard on the fringe, and it will be very noticeable as they phase out.

Honored Contributor

Warning: This thread is not brand new & I am adding to it rather than start the subject all over to save us all time & effort. I am not a troll. If threads more than a minute old bother you, go take your allergy meds now! Just sayin'... Smiley Wink

As I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, I don't have anything with fringe but would like a piece or two. A little goes a long way... I kind of like this Indigo Thread Co. vest in the gray/blue color. What do you ladies think of it? I'd probably wear it with jeans and a long sleeved t-shirt. 

727-961- Indigo Thread Co.™ Knit Rounded Hem Fringe Trimmed Open Front Vest 

727-961- Indigo Thread Co.™ Knit Rounded Hem Fringe Trimmed Open Front Vest

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3

Hey will...I'm not a fan of fringe, but I like the blue and think your idea for styling it casually is spot on.  Does it have some sort of striations...or is it sheer?  I can't tell.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~